VCU/MCV Dec 15 Decisions countdown!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mmmcat

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For all applicants waiting for a post-interview decision on December 15 from VCU/MCV. Let the countdown begin!!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I was planning to go out of town today and come back Sunday - I would have been nice and busy. But it fell through. Now I will suffer, drinking too much coffee and doing boring computer work - and I'm not sure I even got reviewed on Monday. Here is to waiting, anyway.

...i can't wait any longer....interviewed middle of november and really liked the school...when did you all interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
...i can't wait any longer....interviewed middle of november and really liked the school...when did you all interview?

I had mine Nov 7th. Hoping!

i am waiting to hear post-interview as well. i am worried that i just won't hear anything on saturday and will just keep getting pushed back to jan, feb, etc. could that actually happen?

i am waiting to hear post-interview as well. i am worried that i just won't hear anything on saturday and will just keep getting pushed back to jan, feb, etc. could that actually happen?

Yes.

That's the 'flickted way they do it there.

Look at the bright side. At least you're not receiving an immediate rejection!

I cant think about anything else....If it doesnt happen saturday, I'm going to go crazy waiting til feb 1...ahhhh:eek:

The wait is killing me inside.

thinking about how dreadfully average my interview went...I smell a waitlist coming

I thought my interview went pretty well, but so did everyone else!

TELL ME ABOUT IT!!! I interviewed October 4th but they didn't review my app by the Oct 15th deadline...I'm 'bout going crazy waiting for their decision. I sure hope I get something decisive on the 15th.

Members don't see this ad :)
I JUST RECEIVED A STATUS UPDATE FROM VCU as of Dec 13, 5.00pm. It changed my status page from a "please fill out our survey" to a "your file has been reviewed" I have no idea what this means and am quite scared!

I interviewed at VCU in mid-November, and tonight (12/13) I got the status update saying my file has been put on hold. Does this mean I didn't get in and will have to wait until February or March? Thanks guys.

I interviewed at VCU in mid-November, and tonight (12/13) I got the status update saying my file has been put on hold. Does this mean I didn't get in and will have to wait until February or March? Thanks guys.

Nope, you still might get accepted on Saturday. Everyone gets this message once the committee had met and ranked them. Congrats, it means you did not score an automatic rejection, so you are still in the running for Saturday.

Hey guys,

I freaked out as well when I got the same status, but my friend who's an M1 said it's a standard message they send to everyone (as UCLAlifer mentioned). Also, this is what VCU said in its Q&A section:

"What does the action "hold" mean?

Hold status is used in two different situations. The first is when the Committee believes they do not have sufficient information and they will notify the candidate that they have been placed on "Hold for MCATs" or "Hold for Grades". In each of these cases, it is important to submit the necessary material as soon as it is available.

The second type of Hold occurs after an interviewed candidate's file has been considered by the Committee and ranked. The file is then "on hold" until the next group of offers is sent out. Generally, offers are sent about October 15, December 15, February 1, and then the class is completed by March 15 and all remaining candidates on hold are notified that they are on the alternate list or can no longer be considered."

Hope this helps. Hopefully we'll hear good news on Saturday, good luck to everyone!

december 15 is pretty nerve wrecking and exciting at the same time
gahhh..too many emotions going on at once

about 24 hours until a hopeful 6:03 or 6:04 update:barf:

so if we haven't gotten the "hold" status does that mean we probably won't hear tomorrow? I still have the interview survey thing. Darn.

so if we haven't gotten the "hold" status does that mean we probably won't hear tomorrow? I still have the interview survey thing. Darn.

That's a good question, and I'm not sure if anyone but the admissions folks at VCU could give you an answer. At this point, all you can do is keep your fingers crossed. Good luck.

That's a good question, and I'm not sure if anyone but the admissions folks at VCU could give you an answer. At this point, all you can do is keep your fingers crossed. Good luck.

Agree completely. If they reviewed you and accepted you, maybe you could get one awesome update tomorrow.

CHECK YOUR STATUS PAGES, I got accepted! I checked it just on random and it said that I was accepted into the 2008 freshman class! 6:40pm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

CHECK YOUR STATUS PAGES, I got accepted! I checked it just on random and it said that I was accepted into the 2008 freshman class! 6:40pm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

this better not be a troll

this better not be a troll

I don't think it is. A few others have said the same thing, and it makes sense. All of my other status changes have come during the week (wed/thurs/fri), but then I'd receive an email on saturday afternoon telling me it had changed. The emails always come after the status change occurs, and some times it's days later.

It ISNT A TROLL!!!!!!

I AM IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Take THAT EVMS! I didn't even want to go to Norfolk!

It ISNT A TROLL!!!!!!

I AM IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Take THAT EVMS! I didn't even want to go to Norfolk!

Were you waitlisted at EVMS?

Holy crap, you guys are right.... They do have the decisions now!

I'm in too!!!! So glad I was on SDN rather than studying for my finals... :hardy: Congrats to everyone who has heard, and GL to all who are still waiting!!!

Wow, ok. Well, congrats on your acceptance to VCU.

Thanks

Yeah, go figure on the EVMS... I preferred VCU over EVMS all along anyways so this has worked out for the best

Thanks

Yeah, go figure on the EVMS... I preferred VCU over EVMS all along anyways so this has worked out for the best
I really liked it at VCU when I interviewed. I guess my file has not been reviewed yet, since I only interviewed on the 5th. But hey, I'll hear in February, and maybe I'll end up there with you!

Now, to all you acceptees, I don't want to see you on here anymore. Go out and party!!

Wow, I got accepted.

Awesome school. It's a good night.

I really liked it at VCU when I interviewed. I guess my file has not been reviewed yet, since I only interviewed on the 5th. But hey, I'll hear in February, and maybe I'll end up there with you!

I interviewed that week too, kind of a bummer as Dr. WC seemed pretty hopeful we'd get reviewed. Why no Jan. 15? Tough luck.

Congrats to the rest of you all - I know you've been waiting a long time

So was this the "update" or is there one tomorrow?

So was this the "update" or is there one tomorrow?

Unfortunately, I'm feeling pretty sure that this was the update. I suppose it's possible (and I really hope!) that there may still be changes to people's status pages tomorrow, but in general the trend for VCU has been to change the actual page during the week, and then send "status change" emails on Saturday at 6:04pm.

Here's to hoping I'm wrong!

I definitely hope all you loyal SDners get in on the 15th. There's still time and tommorrow night!!!!!!! Good luck to all!

Got my status update Fri. as well, pretty darn excited:smuggrin:

So I am in the post-interview, waiting for decision group (interviewed in Oct). I just want to clarify something: if my status does not change today, it will not change at least until Feb1st?
So no chance of it changing, say, Dec 16/17/18? Changes will only occur exactly on the 15th?

So no chance of it changing, say, Dec 16/17/18? Changes will only occur exactly on the 15th?

Probably not unless your e-mail server is especially slow.

Potentially, you could hear nothing in february and be pushed to March 15th.

For example: Lets say Raul gets scored a 2.3 for his priority score (1 is best, 5 worst, >3.5 is an automatic rejection) by the admissions committee after interviewing in October.

October 15th comes around and MCV/VCU only accepts those with a 1.5 or less. So Raul will not get in and will get pushed along until the next set of offers.

When December 15th comes they accept say a 2.0. Raul again doesnt get in and his application gets pushed along until the next set of offers.

Perhaps in Jan/Feb they accept a 2.1. Again Raul gets no love.

Finally in march they accept a 2.2. Raul gets waitlisted and has to wait until May.

So potentially this is a long and frustrating waiting game for some.

Good luck everyone.

.......Finally in march they accept a 2.2. Raul gets waitlisted and has to wait until May.

quote]

So what exactly was your name? "Josh," "Raul" or both?
Should I bet that most of those accepted this week are your cousin from the Instate family?

VCU decisions are up! I GOT IN! congratulations to those who got accepted....this is further proof that your own opinions of your interview...mean...NOTHING! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Congrats to those who got accepted!:banana: (I love the dancing banana, for some reason.)

And to those who are still waiting-hang in there!

For all you people who got accepted two questions. First, when were you interviewed? Second, did you get the we reviewed your file message before the acceptance message? Thanks guys and congrats!

I interviewed the second week of November. My status message changed two to three weeks later to say I had been reviewed, then it changed to an acceptance message yesterday (Dec. 14th.) I have not yet received an e-mail about the newest acceptance...I just checked my status online. Hope this helps. I'm still pulling for you!

=( I'm "high priority" for interview but may not even get an interview slot.

Sighhhh

i interviewed 11/29, and my status changed from reviewed to accepted last night. i believe we get our email later tonight, not sure. in any case, good luck :luck: to you alllllllll, hope this thread is flooded with good news when i check back!