VCU/MCV question

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by traumaMD, Dec 2, 2001.

1. traumaMD

traumaMD D O double C

Does anyone know how long it takes after the interview to hear about an acceptance at VCU/MCV? What about for out-of-state applicants, is it different? Thanks in advance for your replies.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. MedPuck

MedPuck Made

I think the dean mentioned we will hear whether we were accepted on December 15th, and if you don't hear anything on the 15th the next notification date is February 15th. I know they are accepting more out-of-state applicatns this year, but even after receiving an interview only the very highest "priority score" applicants will get in outright. Hope this helps, and if I am misinformed, I would also like some clarification. Good luck TraumaMD!

4. BlueDevil7

BlueDevil7 Member

I think MedPuck is right. At the beginning of the year, MCV made decisions a little faster. I interviewed in late September and they let me in on October 15. I'm from out of state though, it might be different for VA residents.

5. C U in MD school

C U in MD school Senior Member

i'm from out of state and I think MedPuck is right, although im not sure about the exact date.
    Dr. h said that she will always give first choice to her state applicants :( I hope it all works out for the rest of us. please post the minute you hear anything.

6. C U in MD school

i'm from out of state and I think MedPuck is right, although im not sure about the exact date.
    Dr. h said that she will always give first choice to her state applicants :( I hope it all works out for the rest of us. please post the minute you hear anything.

7. StitchEM

StitchEM Senior Member

They will let you know your status accept/hold/waitlist/reject on the next mailing date after your file has been to PRESENTED the admissions committee. You can also call Joseph Weatherford in the admissions office for specific information. His contact info is on the web and in our little packets. He would know the skinny on how your out of state residence will effect you. Good luck.

8. md2be06

md2be06 Senior Member

9. MedPuck

MedPuck Made

I don't know how many receive acceptances, but they are extending offers to 30 more of us than in previous years.

10. C U in MD school

yeah, that sounds really good MedPuck. the more the better. :)

DaniC: so let me get this, your saying that if our case has been presented to the committee we will here from VCU?

11. C U in MD school

opppps... here ----> hear :)

12. StitchEM

StitchEM Senior Member

13. C U in MD school

DaniC: THANX! that sounds good to me. i really want to know. i hope we all get in.

14. StitchEM

StitchEM Senior Member

I copied this from an email VCU just sent me.

15. C U in MD school

DaniC: thanx for sharing your email with us... i have a few questions...

when did you get this email?
    when was your interview?
    are you from out of state?
    when you log on, what does it say on your lon in page?

i cant wait until the 15th. this morning when i got up the first thing that went through my head was "only 10 more days" (give 2-3 days extra). all this waiting is killing me. at the rate that i'm going i may not CU in MD school DaniC. :D

16. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

17. Amy B

Amy B I miss my son so much
    Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved

Resident [Any Field]
    Oh my gosh, is the login screen about no further notification a good one? I read it and thought it meant that I was put on hold. So I should be looking forward to mail around the 15th of December also.

Yippeee, Isn't this waiting thrilling and exciting??????

NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

18. StitchEM

StitchEM Senior Member

when did you get this email?
    Dec 5

when was your interview?
    Sept 25th (application went before the committee on last mon in november)

are you from out of state?
    instate

when you log on, what does it say on your log in page?
    The only message I have after I log in is the one I posted.

I hope this helps ya'll :D

19. C U in MD school

DaniC: thanx. i just log on to vcu web site and i have the same message. :) but, i didnt get an email :( why?

only 9 more days... I keep telling myself "stay cool we're almost there" :cool:

20. Amy B

Resident [Any Field]
    Maybe I am wrong (DaniC,correct me if I'm wrong) but the message from VCU/MCV did not come in an email, but rather we recieved an email telling us to check our application status due to a change in the last 24 hours.

Did you fill out their survey? The new message appeared 2 days after I filled out their online survey.

How many more hours do we have to wait??????? Maybe we will get luck and they will send things out early to make up for the waiting we had to do due to AMCAS.......

Hey, here's a question... IF we get an acceptance, how will we be notified, by certified mail, snail mail, email, etc? If we get a regular mailed letter and not certified, should we be very sad once we see what is inside? :p

21. eagle26

eagle26 Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I got the same email on Dec. 5th. Good thing though, they haven't flat out rejected me! :)

22. C U in MD school

Amy Beth: i have a feeling that it's gonna be by email and then the letter.

i filled out the surv long time ago and after danci told me about the email did i check the website. oh well, dont know what happened. i hope all is. hang on everyone, were almost there.

23. C U in MD school

question: did you all send thank you notes? and if you did to whom did you send one to?

i only send one to my interviewer.

24. eagle26

eagle26 Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I sent a thank you note just to my interviewer.

25. StitchEM

StitchEM Senior Member

Amy Beth you are correct, it was an email telling me to check the website. I guess I need to be more exacting in my posts :D The waiting is so insane..I am cleaning everything in the house to try and get it out of my mind. It's not really working but damn this place never loked so good! :cool: only 777600 seconds to go.

26. C U in MD school

27. Amy B

Resident [Any Field]
    DaniC,
    Can you come and clean my house?????????
    It needs it seeing that I have been the oppiste, my nerves are so frazzled I have stopped cleaning my house. Which isn't good with two kids and two dogs. I will survive and recover from this process.

I think I will take a LOOOOOONNNNGGGG vacation this summer, gosh knows I need it.

168 hours, 10080 minutes and 604,800 seconds to go.

Watch them be late or have us not in this bunch and then we would get the priveledge of waiting until Jan 15 or 28th(I can't remember the exact date)

Amy :[email protected]

28. C U in MD school

29. Amy B

Resident [Any Field]
    Will this be the week?
    Que sera sera, whatever will be will be. The futures not ours to see. Ques sera sera.

For those who don't know, that is from a song. I don't want to be accused of plaragism.

I hope they mail things out this week rather than waiting for Monday, since the 15th is on Sat.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
    Sorry, this waiting is driving me bonkers.
    See you in the funny papers. :p :p :p :p

30. C U in MD school

ARE WE THERE YET?

31. Amy B

Resident [Any Field]
    For those of you who hear from VCU/MCV this week... could you please let those of us who don't hear know when you actually get a letter.

If we don't get a letter, then we are in the next batch that will be sent out at the end of January.
    Oh gosh... that would really be a bummer. Let's see how many days would we have to wait?????....

Oh, forget it, I am going to think positivly and assume my acceptance letter is being typed and put into an envelope right this minute. ;)
    :p :p :p :p :p

32. eagle26

eagle26 Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    letter? I was understanding that we would get another email update informing us of our status change!

33. Amy B

Resident [Any Field]
    The guaranteed admits that I know got a letter in the mail on the 16th of Oct to confirm their acceptance, so I only assumed we would also get a letter.

34. Lily2

Lily2 Member

Hi everybody. Sorry for butting in on this thread, but I just got an interview invite from MCV :D and I had some questions that maybe you guys could answer from 1st hand experience. 1) My interview is a morning interview, so I'd be done after the lunch and tour. Thus, about what time would the interview day end? (I would like to catch a flight back home that afternoon if possible) 2) I'm flying into Westchester County Airport. For those who flew in, how did you get from the airport to your hotel (which ever one that might have been)? 3) I scanned over comments on the Interview Feedback web site and it seems recently the interviews have been kind of stressful. What did you guys think of your interview?

35. eagle26

eagle26 Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I stayed with a host student who gave me direction, so I can't help you in the directions comment. Just remember when you leave the airport, go West on 64 instead of east toward Williamsburg! I'd use <a href="http://www.mapquest.com" target="_blank">www.mapquest.com</a> and get directions. I had a morning interview too, so the day was over at about 2..but I had a good time, so if you can stick around a bit, it's well worth it.

36. eagle26

eagle26 Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    ooops..didn't read the airport comment you made. I was talking from Richmond Int'l. I don't know about the airport you're flying into.

37. Amy B

Resident [Any Field]
    My interview was at 11:00 am and lasted till 12 noon. After I returned to the room where the applicants wait, the tour guides took us on a tour. Since I have been to MCV many times (I volunteer there) I didn't finish the tour so I was done at 12:30. I aslo skipped the lunch cause I had an afternoon commitment. You will be done in plenty of time.

As to my interivew... the doctor came in with at least 9 pages of notes and questions and I was asked anything you can possibly imagine. Be very prepared. Some interviewers don't ask as many questions.

You can stay just about anywhere. There are motels surrounding the airport on your way to the interstate, you could stay with a host student or you could take the interstate either I-64 West towards Charlotsville or I-95 towards D.C. and stay within a 10 mile radius of the school which is located downtown. Rush hour is a pain so if I were you I would get settled into your motel/hotel and then go drive the route you are going to take to the school so you know right where you are going. Anyone you ask will be able to give you directions. Good luck

Amy