VCU/MCV question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jiffy boy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is a question for those of you who interviewed or will interview soon at VCU. Those of you who had the message that you would
be interviewed in 6-8 weeks, did you actually receive your interview in that time frame? Also, how did they contact you?

I am trying to figure out when or if I will be traveling to Virginia.

Members don't see this ad.

you didn't get an exact date? The message I got from the status board when I interviewed that that an interview was scheduled on 11/15/01 at 9:00 am. I didn't have a message like you did. Maybe they'll email you closer with an exact date.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do a search on this web site using the keyword MCV or VCU. I remember that a few months ago there were pple who had gotten that 4-6/6-8 wk message. There is a thread that talked about that. But I didn't keep up w/ the news so I don't know how it turned out for them in the end. Recently I got an interview invite from VCU and similar to Joseph, I also got a specific date and time. But don't worry, if you got that email it means they're interested in you and will notify you! ;)

I was emailed to check the status check page and it said that I was a low priority applicant and that they wanted to interview me, but not for 6-8 weeks. Then, the next day, I got an email to check the computer. It said that I had an interview in 6 days. I guess someone canceled or rescheduled their interview.

it seems as if many people in the past got the "6-8 weeks" notice. i just recently got an email saying that my status had changed, and this is what i found:

"The committee's file review indicates that they will consider your file further. We are now in the process of scheduling interviews and will continue to do so throughout the year until February. Unfortunaly, the committee indicates interest in far more canidiates than we are able to interview. Since we are dependent on the Committee member's schedules for interview spaces, we are unable to predict when or if we will be able to schedule you this year. Please continue to check this site to learn when further action has been taken."

doesn't sound terribly encouraging. anyone else get this?

Hmm. I only got the "6-8 weeks" notice a couple days ago. I wish I knew what exactly that meant. Thanks for the feedback everyone. I guess I'll just have to wait. Seems that's all I've been doing lately--waiting for some sort of news.

I'm sure you'll hear something positive soon, jiffy boy. It seems all the med schools are picking up speed.