VCU/MCV update status Question...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anxiousmed

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just got an update on my status saying the following, has anyone else got this....what exactly does it mean (am I for sure going to interview?)...
"The committee's file review indicates that they are interested in your candidacy. However, your priority score is such that we are unable to predict how soon we will be able to schedule your interview. We will make every effort to bring you in for interview within the next 6-8 weeks. Interview scheduling is dependent on the availability of committee members so we are not always able to predict how soon we can get you scheduled. Please continue to check this site for information on scheduling. "

????

Members don't see this ad.

hey...one of my friends got the same letter....I think it means that you qualify for the interview...but it might take a while because they prioritize the people with higher scores/gpa and so they get their interview first...and your interview will come when they start interview people in you priority level (similar stats)...which may take 6-8 weeks
hang in there...its coming!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
it means you are not rejected yet...and probably get interview but not guranteed...(but i will say you will get it for sure...)

i got same thing few months ago then it changed to info about interview date and accomodation and stuff...

they are trying to put you into interview schedule...but i believe it won't be this year tho...probably early next year...

cuz it took a long time for them to schedule me from that 'committee decided to consider you futher...blah blah'

my interview is 12/16...so i will say just be patient and it will come soon...

good luck...

p.s. you don't have to waste your energy to check that status website everyday...they will notify you thru email if any change happens...
I wasted whole lot a time checking that thing...

so I shouldn't both calling in the office? thanks a lot for the insightful SCOOP. I hope its a positive sign. Will they tell you your point score over the phone or is that a hush hush thing? thanks