VCU Problem on Secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PittMedicine

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
When I print the application, the #3 question should say "Please share with us your thoughts on specialties and how you plan to choose yours (limit of 250 words)." and my essay should follow, but it doesn't. Instead, its some question about the practice I envision myself doing.

Members don't see this ad.

PittMedicine said:
When I print the application, the #3 question should say "Please share with us your thoughts on specialties and how you plan to choose yours (limit of 250 words)." and my essay should follow, but it doesn't. Instead, its some question about the practice I envision myself doing.

Bummer.

pitt, i have the same problem....i thought i had done something wrong....i am gonna call them today and see whats up

Members don't see this ad :)
I downloaded the instructions to cmplete the supplemental application like 3 days ago and it said that we must mail a 200 word hand written (why hand written) essay, and an instate tutition form in addition to the two online essays we were required to write. I went to look at the instructions again today and i don't see anything about a hand written essay or an in state tuition form, they seem to have changed it. Have any of you guys been in contact with them and asked them if we still need to send the in state tuition form and the hand written essay.

If we still do have to write the hand written essay I'm going to write mine about why I don't like soccer.

I got the same problem with the question #3, and never saw anything about that hand written essay thingy. Someone who calls, please post what's going on, or I'll call myself on Monday.

Why do you guys need to print the secondary application anyway? Are you not submitting it online?

UtProsim said:
Why do you guys need to print the secondary application anyway? Are you not submitting it online?

we just want to make sure that we are not missing anything and that the bugs have been worked out of the system for the new application cycle. If it shows up funky on the printable view, then we are wondering how it will show up to the ADCOM when they get it.

I got an email yesterday when I was calling to work out some in-state details...

"You will not need access to these links until after you matriculate. This was an error on my end. The updated instructions have been posted."

Hope that helps.