VCU School of Pharmacy Class of 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BrittS1993

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone who applied ED received the prelim acceptance (background check email) yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone who applied ED received the prelim acceptance (background check email) yet?
Yeah. I just got my prelim acceptance yesterday at like 4:30 and did my background check email this morning.

How was the essay portion of the interview? I guess I'm just nervous about it because no other school I've interviewed with has required one!

Members don't see this ad :)
How was the essay portion of the interview? I guess I'm just nervous about it because no other school I've interviewed with has required one!
As long as you're good at writing and composing thoughts in general, then it's fine. I finished it in about five minutes or so. You get 30 minutes I believe.

Yeah. I just got my prelim acceptance yesterday at like 4:30 and did my background check email this morning.
May I ask when you had your interview? I applied regular decision, already had my interview on Oct. 24th. The wait is killing me.

May I ask when you had your interview? I applied regular decision, already had my interview on Oct. 24th. The wait is killing me.
I had my interview on October 3rd. They said it could take up to two weeks to hear back.

Were you ED Knightonrk94?

Last edited:
Oh okay. Was there an email or anything from VCU after you passed the background check?
Yeah. After they receive notification that you finish the background check and pass it, then the admissions committee can finally recommend you be admitted.

Yeah. After they receive notification that you finish the background check and pass it, then the admissions committee can finally recommend you be admitted.

I got my letter in the mail today! Ahhh I'm so excited ^^

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone else heard back from the November interviews?

I have interview at VCU on saturday. my gpa is 3.43 and pcat 14%. biology and chemistry 402. i did super bad in english part. Can anybody tell me about my chances to get into vcu with this stat.. I would appreciate your truth.

I have interview at VCU on saturday. my gpa is 3.43 and pcat 14%. biology and chemistry 402. i did super bad in english part. Can anybody tell me about my chances to get into vcu with this stat.. I would appreciate your truth.

Hey Umar, how did VCU work out for you? I got a low PCAT score as well. My applications are a little late right now. Just submitted and got verified 2 weeks ago. I applied to 10 schools, VCU is one of them

Hey Umar, how did VCU work out for you? I got a low PCAT score as well. My applications are a little late right now. Just submitted and got verified 2 weeks ago. I applied to 10 schools, VCU is one of them
I am still waiting for response from them. They said, they will reply back in 3-4 weeks. I interviewed on 02/13 .

I am still waiting for response from them. They said, they will reply back in 3-4 weeks. I interviewed on 02/13 .

Thanks! Please let me know how it goes..VCU is one of my top choices. How long after you got verified that you got an interview invite?

Thanks! Please let me know how it goes..VCU is one of my top choices. How long after you got verified that you got an interview invite?
MY application was verified in dec 01, but i got interview call in mid jan. I got into liu, but still waiting for vcu. This sat, my 4 week wil complete. So, I should get some response soon.

MY application was verified in dec 01, but i got interview call in mid jan. I got into liu, but still waiting for vcu. This sat, my 4 week wil complete. So, I should get some response soon.

I hope you get in! What school is LIU? I remember reading a thread where a guy was still waiting for a response....and it was 8/4 when he posted he was still waiting:(And he was asking if he could still get loans in time for the start of class, if he heard anything. That's so crazy. I would have definitely called and asked for an answer well before the summer

Reactions: 1 user
I hope you get in! What school is LIU? I remember reading a thread where a guy was still waiting for a response....and it was 8/4 when he posted he was still waiting:(And he was asking if he could still get loans in time for the start of class, if he heard anything. That's so crazy. I would have definitely called and asked for an answer well before the summer
liu is long island university in brooklyn new york. and i got rejected from vcu because of my low pcat score. good luck to you for VCU.

liu is long island university in brooklyn new york. and i got rejected from vcu because of my low pcat score. good luck to you for VCU.

I'm so sorry..did they respond by email or mail? And they gave you a specific reason? They're on spring break right now, so I didn't think they were making any decisions until they come back. I'm still waiting to hear something. At least you got LIU! Are you from that area?

I'm so sorry..did they respond by email or mail? And they gave you a specific reason? They're on spring break right now, so I didn't think they were making any decisions until they come back. I'm still waiting to hear something. At least you got LIU! Are you from that area?
yes. i live in new york queens. I emailed vcu to ask my status. He replied me that i will get my rejection letter soon by email. :( but i will be happy to go to LIU.

So who got into VCU school of pharmacy ? have anyone else heard back from February invitations. the waiting game is too much. how late do we expect a response. They told me not contact them and just wait. lol. Hoping for the best but expecting the worst.

i should have applied to this school, was sooo confident got in elsewhere that i didnt apply here. what ths stats to get interview admitted

has anyone asked other school for pharmcas extensions if vcu no work out

So who got into VCU school of pharmacy ? have anyone else heard back from February invitations. the waiting game is too much. how late do we expect a response. They told me not contact them and just wait. lol. Hoping for the best but expecting the worst.
I interviewed 1/29 and got an acceptance 2/4
Im sure adcomm is finishing up ! I've had friends who received acceptances as early as one week and as late as 2 months later.

I think they have sent out some acceptance letters now from February interviews. If you do not get it, you maybe in the waiting list. I think the chance is not too small because I guess they do not interview so many people.

i should have applied to this school, was sooo confident got in elsewhere that i didnt apply here. what ths stats to get interview admitted

has anyone asked other school for pharmcas extensions if vcu no work out

I asked for 3 extensions so far. Not because VCU didn't work out, I'm still waiting to hear back from them. But I just added 3 more schools that weren't as competitive. Just the waiting has got me scared enough to try elsewhere. I know all grad schools are competitive, but you get a feel that some will accept lower PCAT scores more so than others, which mine was on the low side

where else did you apply? im having such a hard time choosing, i only applied to 2 so far. i dont like many of the public schools left so far-location reason. r u applying private? im avoiding private.

Hawaii and Colorado 2 considerations. havent even applied hawaii, just realized their school are in trailer parks. milk, beef costs 1-2 $ more than states

is vcu big on pcat. i dont like schools who dont post min gpa pcat, when they actually have one.

Has anyone from March interviews heard back yet?
Mine was on 3/12, but I haven't heard anything (neither acceptance or rejection) from the school since. Thanks!

I interviewed 2/6 and haven't heard anything back. so DEPRESSING AND FRUSTRATING at this point. am not sure what to do. Am i the only one from February interviews who haven't heard back? I thought the interview process went great and not sure what is holding them for this much time.

I interviewed 2/6 and haven't heard anything back. so DEPRESSING AND FRUSTRATING at this point. am not sure what to do. Am i the only one from February interviews who haven't heard back? I thought the interview process went great and not sure what is holding them for this much time.
I don't know how much truth this holds, but I've heard that if you don't hear anything back, it can sometimes mean that you've been wait listed. At this point I would deem it appropriate to call for clarification.

Just call these pathetic schools and let them know whats up