VCU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
M

MTY

has anyone heard from vcu/mcv yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Yep, I got the cyber-rejection. It was posted on their web site today.

Hopefully they will put my $85 donation to good use.

Cyber rejection?! That's wrong. At least have the decency to write a paper letter! Those bastards.

Members don't see this ad :)
ZeroCool
what other schools are you applying this year? hear anything from other schools yet?

sorry about the cyber rejection, i probably might get one too.
i see that you're from cambridge, ma. i was there a couple years ago too. maybe we know each in person?
would you mind sharing your stat with me? you can email me at [email protected]

thanks
again, good luck with other schools.

I've applied to 13 school. Have been rejected from 2 of them, but I have had one interview so far. Just no more lined up yet...

My stats are not great so the rejection came as no suprise. I just wish that they worked more like Vandy. Look you over and if they are going to invite you for an interview, then you pay their fee.

Stats are as follows:

CGPA: 3.51
SGPA: 3.68
MCAT: 27 (7V, 10P, 10B)

My GPA is about average, but I am an EE major. People might not agree with me here but engineering is probable the toughest major out there.

[This message has been edited by Zero Cool (edited 10-18-2000).]

Zero Cool,

I am a EE/CE major too, and I would agree with you that they are probably the toughest majors to do with premed.

I say this not because I think biochem, biology or other traditional premed majors are easy, but if you do those majors you automatically are on the premed track so you dont have to go out of your way to take the premed classes.

Unless you're a biomedical engineering major, it takes alot of work to fit in all those chem and bio classes because as all EEs know, they try to load you up with a very high number of engineering classes. At most schools, engineering majors need a good deal more credit hours to graduate with the degree, than would, say a biology major.

I doubt that most med schools would notice the choice of major unfortunately, but at least engineering gives you a VERY good foundation in teamwork and problem solving skills, as opposed to memorizing chemical pathways, etc.

My thought for the day: Memorizing is easier than problem solving

------------------
"There is nothing more powerful on this Earth as a man who has nothing to lose. It does not take ten such men to change the world--one will do." Elijah Mohammed

Sorry to hear about your rejection from VCU Zero Cool.. I was just wondering; my file has been complete at VCU for just over a week now; I've heard that they are pretty quick to get back to people but not sure. When do you all think I can expect to hear whether or not I have an interview? I'm a MD resident and they like MD residents so I'm hoping that might help..

Just a note; I got an e-mail from VCU saying that my application had been forwarded to the committee and I would hear on a decision in a week or two.