VCU's Confusing message!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Maple, Oct 9, 2001.

1. Maple

Ok...so I have been hoping and praying for interview invites. So, I was thrilled to get an email from VCU, instructing me to check out my online status page. I did..and the heavily misspelled message says that the committee is interested in considering your file further..but because "they" don't have enough interviewers, they can't tell me when and IF I will be interviewed this year! It also tells me to check back frequently for updates.

What the heck? Did anyone else get this message and call them? I got at 4:00 (cali time)..so will call in the morning.

Does this mean that I am on some kind of a waitlist for interview? :rolleyes: Or is it just a matter of time until they assign a time/date?

Has anyone else been there and resolved the issue (ie..got an actual invite and not a weird promise!)?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. traumaMD

traumaMD D O double C

Apple: I got this message also...however i dont kno what it means...if u call then can u please post their reply...because i dont understand this message either. thanks.

4. Maple

Hey traumaMD,

I called VCU and talked to a very nice person who explained that "they" are interested in interviewing me..but since they have limited space, they cant tell me when I will be called in. She did say that take 2/3 of people from Virginia and the rest from other states. So..I think this plays into determining who gets an invite early. She also told me that the interview time is extended past Feburary and that the class size for out-of-staters is also increased a bit. so..there is hope that we will be called in..but we don't know when! :) :confused:

Basically..keep checking your status and hang in there! :)