veneers in dental school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Are veneers a treatment you perform on patients in dental school? My wife is starting school in the fall and I was curious as to whether or not I could get veneers done, by her or someone else there, most likely in San Antonio.

Members don't see this ad.

Lance Turnbow said:
Are veneers a treatment you perform on patients in dental school? My wife is starting school in the fall and I was curious as to whether or not I could get veneers done, by her or someone else there, most likely in San Antonio.

yup, i'll be starting a case next week. and a second patient came in last wed asking for replacements on hers...

Second that. There are quite a few veneer cases. I am sure your wife can arrange that in a few years.

Members don't see this ad :)
absolutely yes at san antonio. we have Dr. Nassar Barghi, he is well known internationally in esthetic dentistry and supervises most veneer cases done by students. we also have a couple options on what lab its sent to - you can pay a bit extra for one the better ceramists out there. once your wife gets started, she wont be able to do them for you until 3rd year - OR you can get another student to do them that is already a 3rd/4th year if you dont want to wait. i kinda doubt the family discount applies to veneers, ortho and implants. regular price is around $250 per tooth.