VENT HERE, pure and simple

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mightymouseal

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Say whatever you want to get out there.

Members don't see this ad.

THERE IS NO POINT TO THIS POST. THERE IS NO POINT TO THIS POST. THERE IS NO POINT TO THIS POST. THERE IS NO POINT TO THIS POST.

There, I vented. ;)

I hate pre-med complainers

Members don't see this ad :)
vent ergo sum
I VENT THEREFORE I AM
there are three rules to vent thread:
1. you do NOT talk about vent thread
2. you do NOT talk about vent thread
3. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

flowchart.jpg

Tein, where do you get these pics from? They're great!

I applied to 26 schools.

Pre secondary rejections from VCU, Loyola
No word from UCSF, UMich about secondary yet
On HOLD at RUSH but I consider that a rejection.
Decided not to apply to Georgetown and Creighton.

I want an acceptance!!!

I am broke.
I am hungry.
I am breaking out.
There is no orange juice in the fridge.
No icecream in the fridge.
I could not fit my pair of jeans this morning.
That is not a good thing.
I want to do some part time work for two months but people don't hire for just two months.

The guy I thought was cute is cute but he has problems talking to me (I KNEW I should have put some deodrant on ....JK).

That is my life for now.

:rolleyes:

I just realized I know who Jot is from my Baylor interview (after looking at a picture of him from his website.) I had no idea I was sitting so close to a celebrity. :D

Go Jot!

Originally posted by Kovox

I am broke.
I am hungry.
I am breaking out.

:rolleyes:

ditto

**** **** **** ! **** *********** *******!

**** **** * ***....**** ** **********!!!!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by Samoa
All my college friends are married with kids, and I can't even get a date.
My cat has yakked all over my apartment.

word. and i'm the only single one among all my friends right now, too. :rolleyes:

AND! i'm having a bad skin day. AND! i just bought a new couch that i couldn't really afford b/c my cat shredded mine while i was away for 2 days! AND! i can't regulate my body temperature today!

Originally posted by mightymouseal
Say whatever you want to get out there.

whatever you want to get out there. :p

Originally posted by JJNY
whatever you want to get out there. :p

hahaha that was funny. not as funny as this, but still funny

owned-baby.jpg

Originally posted by GoodMonkey
word. and i'm the only single one among all my friends right now, too. :rolleyes:

AND! i'm having a bad skin day

ditto on both of these. It's fun to be single but its not quite as fun when all your friends aren't!

Personally, I think this thread is hilarious.

Let's see:
My two roommates are fighting with each other passive agressively, meanwhile I'm stuck in the middle and doing all the cleaning.
I have not gotten a single piece of mail this week (rejection or otherwise).
I accidently left the RNA out all nite in the lab and have just bought myself weeks of work to replace it.
I have 3 papers all due in the same week, each is at least 15 pages and I have not started any of them.
And I am completely enamored with a guy who does not get the point. Not to mention all my friends are also getting engaged/married while I can't even get a dog cause my apartment doesn't allow it.

whew, i feel better already!

I hope you're all enjoying this thread. Some of you may remember my ill-fated first thread. Let's just say that it had a lukewarm reception till Longhorn came out and blasted me, and all hell broke loose. Huh, I guess that was my little vent.

Originally posted by TeinVI
owned-baby.jpg
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: TeinVI, are u the baby or the artist? I like TeinVI better than the other versions too.

i just gave a tour of my college to 8 high school girls...one of which asked me every question in the book and if she asked me one more time if we could leave campus whenever we want (what college doesn't let you do that?!?), i thought i was gonna scream. and then i got interrogated by this person who looked about 14 about med school and where i'm interviewing and everytime i tried to answer, she would cut me off to ask me another question...turns out she's a teacher and applying. i know that i'm gonna get flamed for this since med school is like this, but GOD, i dislike competitive people so much...at least she reminded me of one i love my school so much ...we don't have a lot of people like her!!!! argh

Ack , i need more venting

okay so I recieved michigan's rejection today tho it was a niec long letter telling me to visit their website to learn how I could improve..blah blah
so lets see

rejections from:
loyola
VCU
Michigan

My sister has interviews for duke and uh whats that school, oh yeah SLU as well as BU already!!

i just want one interview.........JUST ONE...........................

and my bf is getting tired of me whining :rolleyes: I just want an acceptance...it's like a security blanket...hahah
okay enough whining:D

I hate my frickin research job, not the research but this grad student I'm working for because I have worked the last 4 weekends (I work everyday during the week too except Thursday when I'm in class all day) and I HAD planned on taking this w/e off but no, I have to work. What really steams my *ss is that no one else in the lab works the weekend (if they do come in it's for an hour) and they leave all the **** work for me plus all the research that I'm responsible for on my own. Last weekend I ended up working 17 hours straight on Sunday because they had used up all the minimal media and vitamin stock and I couldn't start my work until I made more. I just can't believe that grad students are as irresponsible as this bunch. Some of them are about to defend their thesis but they don't seem to understand that if you use all of something then you should make more so you don't hinder everyone else's research. I can't wait until (I'm a MD/PhD person) I have my own lackey to do all my scutwork. Who am I kidding, I'm too picky and anal to let anyone else do my work so it's just a pipe dream!!!!!!

I don't know why I expect more out of these grad students since they had one a couple of years ago that faked all his data for his PhD. Real ethical, it never occurred to this guy when his research wasn't working out to have a back up plan and do something else. Needless to say, he got caught. We have another one that stood up his dissertation committee on one of the twice yearly meetings. I mean come on, if you only have this meeting every 6 months and it's necessary for you to get your PhD, then it should probably be important enough to show up at least. The whole situation was made worse because he didn't even tell anyone where he was going so when they called the professor that is over our lab and research, he had to say, "I don't know where he is or why he isn't there". For all of you kiddies coming up in the ranks, be forewarned that if you ever do that when I'm your PI, you won't be getting that degree.

Well, I feel better. Venting is good. Think calm thoughts!!!!!
OK, I on a beach with Jeri Ryan and she in a thong. Yes, I feel better already........

The really sad thing is that if I was on the beach with Jeri Ryan, I would probably fall asleep. How come the only time I feel wide awake is at 3 AM? This insomnia thing that several of us have talked about royally sucks. Stress always causes insomnia for me.
Well, I guess that can be considered a blessing in med school.

Have a good weekend everyone. I'm going to try and relax and do something fun even if I do have to work.

blaaaaarh! gotta vent ! gotta vent !

i am SO tired of the one psycho weirdo guy at every interview i go to. (not all the same one, but that one person, male or female, that seems to be at all of my interviews) they NEVER shut up! they have their entire amcas personal statement memorized and recite it monologe style anytime anyone says hi, why medicine? and they ask EVERY med student they see what other schools they got into and what other schools turned them down. AND they talk about all their top-ten interviews/acceptances/sex with adcom members/etc nonstop. AND the only life experience they've ever had is trekking to and from the library from their dorm, but they talk to me about how they would never take any time off before entering med school (as i did, as they very well know at that point). yeesh. i mean, really folks, we're all going thru the same process, stop being such an a$$y tool! :mad:

grrr... and i get home today and my cat knocked over two plants and there was evidence of some playing in the toilet in my absence. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: and it's cold here. ::whine::

whew. feel better.

We had one of those in our group. He had on this big ass Phi Beta Kappa lapel pin that he thrust toward everyone when talking to them and what is the deal with the memorizing the AMCAS app, it was my fricking life, I lived it, I don't need to commit it to memory. It makes you wonder, if they even did half that stuff if they can't remember it. I remember every class I ever took and the grade I got in that class and I certainly remember all my EC's and work experiences and research.

Originally posted by DoubleDoctor
We had one of those in our group. He had on this big ass Phi Beta Kappa lapel pin that he thrust toward everyone when talking to them and what is the deal with the memorizing the AMCAS app, it was my fricking life, I lived it, I don't need to commit it to memory. It makes you wonder, if they even did half that stuff if they can't remember it. I remember every class I ever took and the grade I got in that class and I certainly remember all my EC's and work experiences and research.

HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHA. Im sure as soon as an interviewer saw a PBK pin he must have checked the REJECT box immediately. Im sure he also is willing to put his transcript as a decal on his shirt.

Anyway, when/how do you get into Phi Beta Kappa? :D

If I remember right it was senior year. Things get a bit screwy for me because I went a 5th year and I've actually been classifed a senior (hours wise) since my 3rd year. I doubled up on classes those first couple years so I could get enough hours to get the coveted blue parking pass (I'm serious, if you have a yellow pass, you might as well park in the next town over and take a cab to school).

I have a cold, my throat kills...

I've been doped up on cold medicine, making it hard to design experiments and read journal articles...meaning that I'm not getting any data...my boss will start to think I'm an idoit...have journal club 9am on monday...more articles to read over the weekend

I have no clean socks...too doped up to do laundry...had captain crunch for dinner...sorta dangerous to operate heavy machinery like a stove...

wish my mom was around:(

oh and when I finally have an excuse to be a couch potato...there's nothing on TV!!!

And...still no luv from any schools.

i just want to get in - somewhere - anywhere. i've been to three interviews, one where the interviewer asked how i even got there more than 5 times (he couldn't believe the committee actually approved me for an interview) the second place i interviewed went well, but everyone else who interviewed the same date has their acceptance already and i have nothing :mad: i just have this horrible feeling that i'm just going to be in the same placenext year and the year after that wondering if it was ever meant to be.

Exams start Wednesday...Tired...*sighs* ok done venting :)

this entire medschool application process stinks..and i literally mean it stinks.

so i'm getting into a shuttle which has all its windows rolled up cuz it's friggin cold outside. i smell something like rotten eggs and confer w/ another passenger who tells that the catalytic converter (whatever it does) in the van is broken and its releasing hydrogen sulfide or something. geez.....they driver who can barely speak english is totally clueless....probably cuz he was sniffing it all day long. it was pretty cold outside so the driver rolls the window down 3-4 inches cuz we start complaining. i didn't notice much of the smell afterwards during our long ride home...cuz it could have been the opened window or us getting used to the smell...argghhh. :mad:

I got accepted to two schools. Both have orientation dates about three weeks after my first child is due. Which means that I have three weeks from the time plop and inky footprint to paper that I have everything packed and ready to move in a rental van to drive cross-country with an newborn infant, move and unpack everything before orientation.

My wife and child will most likely be on the sidelines, watching the dogs watch me as I hump furniture up stairs.

But before this, I have to find a place to live. This requires flying cross country, and making a decision in the space of day, months in advance, with the risk of being shafted for at least a year.

I want a military scholarship. If I get one, I'll have to either go for the the initial 6 weeks of training sometime in the second or third trimester of my wife's pregnancy. Or, I could try to delay the initial training until after the first year of school, which means that I would have to be away from my family for 12 weeks straight - 6 for that year and 6 to make up for last year.

My wife works in high-tech. She could be laid off at any moment. If this happens, I will have to take a second job in order to make ends meet. Saving money - much less reducing debt, will no longer be an option.

I have a modest bit of credit card debt because of all the costs of applying to med school, plus some left over from our wedding and honeymoon four months ago, and an unexpected whopping car repair bill.

I can't borrow money to cover this debt, and have been told that that financial aid only covers the student, which is understandable, but have found no source of info about who will loan me money to cover the cost of supporting my wife and child during the first year of school.

My landlord has been calling about showing the house to buyers. If this happens, we will most likely be evicted in the middle of the winter. In New England. Me, my pregnant wife and my two dogs. I have done my best to make the place look like a crackhouse and shooting gallery, but I fear that the house might be sold anyway.

I am so giddily happy about getting into medical school. But I break out into a cold sweat trying to figure out if it can really happen this year. I wonder whether I can defer so as to avoid moving so soon after delivery. I wonder whether I will have to move twice if I do get a deferal because of the possiblity of the house being sold and us being evicted. I wonder if I can get a deferal at all.

Thinking of the gargantuan logistical task of picking up and moving cross country boggles the mind. Throw in a newborn, two dogs, and a couch that I still cannot figure out how we ever got into the apartment in the first place, without breaking several laws of physics, and you'll have that weird heaviness in the pit of your stomach as well.

Of course, being the strong manly man, I'll grin like a blithering idiot and never mention the incredible amount of stress I'm feeling, because I feel worse for my wife, who now will get dizzy or queesy at the drop of a hat, or from the faintest whiff of something that her pregnancy-enhanced sense of smell catches that even the dogs can't detect. I think she now can also hear the subsonic hum from the fridge - which keeps her up at night.

I cannot believe I am so miserable during one of the happiest times of my life.

- Tae

Originally posted by tkim6599
I cannot believe I am so miserable during one of the happiest times of my life.

- Tae

Sending you a virtual hug, man. Hang in there. A wife and a soon-to-be kid... what more can you ask for? :)

sigh... if I get put on hold one more time for an interview, I think I'm gonna lose my mind..... sigh... wait, not that i want any rejections....on second thought, I guess holds aren't bad............................. as long as they lead to an interview sometime..... soon... yep.

Everyday I check my mail and email. Every night I lay awake and worry....i'm going to be getting some gray hair from this!

And, no offense, but what's up with posters who say "Been reading for 2 years, but first time poster--here's my question." So, you've been mooching advice but haven't cared to give any??? Now that you have a pressing question, that's when we hear from you? I thought this was a give and take relationship!

Blah!

RRRRRRRRG! i just made about 200 friggin agar plates and forgot to add the antibiotics that make them selective plates!!!!

guess i'm comin' in early tomorrow. :mad: :(

I saved mine from last year (for some sick and twisted reason).

Hopefully this year will be better. :)

I haven't received an interview either, but that's because I applied late (Sept. 25 cause I'm dumb).

I retook the MCAT and actually dropped three points on bio science (from 12 to 9) GRR.

My stuff is not arriving at the schools on time so my apps are further delayed. I've resorted to Expressposting everthing - my latest bill was $70.

I just want this to be all over so I can move on with my life....

C.

I needed an 89% on my immunology test to get an "A" in the class without having to take the final. I got an 88%. I will not only have to attend the class the rest of the semester, but study my ass off for the final as well.

Somebody sneezed a disgusting shower of droplets on the side of my face today. Even the pleasure of shouting, "Cover your mouth, you dumb f***!" didn't help me shake the feeling that I too will soon come down with an equally disgusting, droplet-sneezing sickness.

I tried a new recipe for fish last night that proved absolutely revolting; it ruined my $5 piece of salmon. Money better spent eating cheap-ass diner food that I at least know will be good.

And someone threw a tomato at my car!

Originally posted by Exene
And someone threw a tomato at my car!

wtf???

I call up all my schools to get a review status. Found out I'm pretty much on hold at half of my schools. California schools still hate me. I'm sick of traveling and painful shoes. I am in such insane debt, I will probably be working until I die...regardless of whether or not I get in to med school. All I want is just one acceptance so I can relax.

One good thing is that I FINALLY sent in my last secondary today. :)

I've wanted to study abroad in Dublin since high school, and I'm applying right now. The problem is, there is a GPA cutoff that I'm above, but barely, and my grades this semester are lower than they could have been because of a week-and-a-half long cold that messed up my eyes so that I couldn't study as much as I needed to. Because of this, I failed a calc test and have gotten C's or lower in bio and chem. So, unless I get near-perfect scores on everything in all my classes for the rest of the semester, I might not be able to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cussing.gif
cussing.gif
cussing.gif
cussing.gif

erde.gif

I got my first rejection today. Pre-interview. And what's worse, it's from a not-so-hot school. It puzzles me, since I have had promising interviews at good schools. I try to tell myself it's because I am from out of state and they have to accomodate their own first. Still, I feel like hell, especially since I just ran into an acquaintance who is interviewing at tons of Ivies and other top schools, some of which I am waiting to hear from. Blah.

i was told by my state school that i am curently in the hands of one reviewer who is going to decide my fate (see if I get my first interview or not).

So today I get an email from the school saying "Application status" and it only turns out to be an email that is informing me that my baackground check was done and it came out clean.

here i was hoping for SOME good news.. My first good news... alas... :(
I am so tired of checking my email and mailbox only to find no news or bad news. Somebody hurt my mailman!!

Originally posted by Tweetie_bird
I am so tired of checking my email and mailbox only to find no news or bad news. Somebody hurt my mailman!!

no, no, tweetie, don't hurt the mailman... the love will do more good! i'll bake him (her?) some cupcakes and we can put sprinkles on them and sweet talk him (her?) into bringing that good news that we all know is coming just a little wee bit sooner. :)

FUUUUUUKKKKK I"M TIRED! :(

I am tired and frustrated with this process. I have so much life experience that is being flushed by an overshadowing pitiful MCAT score. I am so vexed by the fact that an applicant with nothing more good statistics will get accepted before others who have proven their motivation and interest in making a real difference.
I am frustrated that i didn't get the academic "push" from my parents that most on this board did. My parents were over joyed that i graduated from high school! My mom didn't even want me to go to college. She actually told me i would find some guy at school and get married....thus wasting all of that $ i spent on an education!
After taking the MCAT 3x's and going through this application process for the 2nd time, i am really wondering if my mom was right? :(

Originally posted by S.c. Cdc28p
Sending you a virtual hug, man. Hang in there. A wife and a soon-to-be kid... what more can you ask for? :)

Money - lots of filthy lucre.

Thanks for the hug, man.

- Tae