Verbal 10?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kreno

Candy Man
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone here get an interview to Harvard, Yale or Stanford with a verbal of 10 or lower? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I know of people with interviews at Stanford and Yale with a 10 verbal. Harvard I do not, however, they've only begun interviewing and they're still interviewing the 35+ folks!

**Don't get to caught up in 1 number though! The worth of a future-doc is not surmised in 1 verbal score! Relax... ;) ;)

I got rejected from Stanford and Mayo with a 10 on Verbal. I also had 11 PS, 13 B, R Writing. 3.90 science GPA too... But I didn't have many extracurriculars, so eh.

Members don't see this ad :)
What does "no extracurriculars mean?" I volunteer at a children's rehabilitation hospital and I volunteer for habitat for humanity and I'm an on-demand official and unofficial multi-function volunteer tutor for college and highschool students. Do those count as extracurriculars?.. or are we talking heavy-duty, change-the-world type stuff?

cs: sounds like some great extra-currics to me, but I don't know how long you've been doing them, if you were a leader in any sort (of people, organizing etc.).

as for the Verbal 10, you need only worry if your EC's are on the 'weakish' side. An awesome jamaican guy from my undergrad (USF) had an 8V is at Harvard. He played intercollegiate Div-1A sports for a couple yrs, but other than that he was just a stellar person (no particularly 'changing the world' ec's). So it does happen.

I've been tutoring years, but hte other two I've only been doing for the past 4 months. By the time I apply to medical school I'll have been doing them for about a year. Do you think that's long enough?