verbal accuracy with questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ibcdude

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am trying to diagnose why I seem to be getting 5-6's on TPR verbal tests. This is not fair esp as an Engineering Major. I am sucking it up and moving on...and I think my big problem is accuracy of the questions, and nailing them. I think I can do well with speed if I could just nail them...I even tried giving myself 15-20min per passage, but always seem to miss one or two---Always!

Any suggestions out there? Maybe I am just a horrible reader. Verbal, which I am hearing for a lot of people is insanely tough and I feel at times, its inevitable even though I have been trying like crazy...oh and test is T-5weeks :(

Members don't see this ad.

Interesting you bring up the concept of fairness when it comes to verbal =).
TPR is not the gold standard of MCAT verbal difficulty. EK is apparently a better representation with AAMC being the best representation. There's no strategy with verbal really, unless it's part of a sales pitch. The consensus is just to read for the main argument and how the author forms that argument.