Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

verbal closest to real thing

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by korndoctor, Jun 20, 2008.

1. korndoctor

korndoctor Member 7+ Year Member

Jan 1, 2006
    I have searched the forums and come to a consensus that EK 101 verbal passages are closest to the length/difficulty of the real mcat verbal. I find the aamc verbal passages to be relatively short compared to the first time i took mcat. Could someone please provide some insight/advice

i find tpr to be too detail dependent after doing their entire hyperlearning workbook
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. olemissbabydoc

olemissbabydoc Baby Doctor Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Jul 27, 2006
    Between "there" and "there"
    EK 101 is the best prep you'll find, IMO. The AAMC passages are very short compared to the new "real" mcat passages. Either way, practice with everything you can get your hands on to improve your verbal score. It's the only technique that truly makes a difference.