Verbal dilemma

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

docsrule

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am registered for the June 5 exam. I'm very confident in the science section (scoring around 12-13 on PS and 11-12 on BS). However just like most of my fellow MCATers I'm having difficulty on the verbal (~7 avg on aamc tests). I recently tried experimenting with verbal, where I only read the questions without reading the passage at all. Gave myself 8 min per passage and would only refer to the passage itself when it was specific questions regarding a paragraph or word and what it means.

Using this method I scored around 3/6 or 4/6 on average. I would say most of the time I did more than half the questions correctly. DID NOT expect this, and now I'm in a dilemma of how to approach the actual test. Usually I focus more on the passage rather than the questions itself (I'm a slow reader and English is not my primary language). Is it worth using such a risky/erratic method or were the passages that I did just an anomaly. Thanks for the advice

Members don't see this ad.