1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Visit this thread to beta-test StudySchedule.org. StudySchedule is a free nonprofit site that builds dynamic MCAT study schedules unique for your needs and timeline.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

Verbal dilemma

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by docsrule, 05.17.14.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. docsrule

docsrule

I am registered for the June 5 exam. I'm very confident in the science section (scoring around 12-13 on PS and 11-12 on BS). However just like most of my fellow MCATers I'm having difficulty on the verbal (~7 avg on aamc tests). I recently tried experimenting with verbal, where I only read the questions without reading the passage at all. Gave myself 8 min per passage and would only refer to the passage itself when it was specific questions regarding a paragraph or word and what it means.

Using this method I scored around 3/6 or 4/6 on average. I would say most of the time I did more than half the questions correctly. DID NOT expect this, and now I'm in a dilemma of how to approach the actual test. Usually I focus more on the passage rather than the questions itself (I'm a slow reader and English is not my primary language). Is it worth using such a risky/erratic method or were the passages that I did just an anomaly. Thanks for the advice

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.

About the ads