Verbal/Exam Krackers/ Reading Comp. HELP!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ZashJMJ

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello future Doctors, how are you?
I'm writing because I am heartly conserned with my Verbal score. I am currently enrolled in Princeton Review. I SUCK at Verbal. Ive been getting 4/6 wrong. I come to understand that my problem is Reading Comprehension. I read a paragraph and when I'm done, I say to myself, "What the hell did I just read?!?!" What do I do! I've been soring 4s and 5s on my Verbal Practice exams.

Someone told me Exam Krackers are a good prep tool for Verbal.

I'm in Desprate need of help! DO I have time to get my score up??

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

this was an easy solution for me-- some have told me it is illegal during the mcat but nobody said anything to me about it--it also requires some work/time management-- but was super easy!! get about 6 pens of different color. for "red" underline all that seems to be the main theme for the passage. "green" maybe is one aspect of the passage, "blue" is the opposing aspect. Seeing how most passages compare ideas-- (ie: my mcat compared aristotle and plato) i was able to answer the main message questions by looking back at the appropriate color-- when they asked for differences/similarities between the two i looked at the appropriate color and was able to find answers super fast and did quite well on verbal. it takes some practice with time management-- don't spend too much time underlining/writing in spaces-- that will come with time and lots of practice. I hope this all makes sense-- it's late and i'm writing really fast so i can go to bed!!!

TPR verbal technique is total BS. I know cause I used their way and my score went down two points from my diag. Now I bought the exam kracker book just recently and their way is much better. Can't tell you if I have improved yet cause I just bought the book. But it better than TPR.

Members don't see this ad :)
I used the Exam Kracker Verbal book about a month before the test and it improved my VR score by 2 points. I highly recommend it!

I have been told one good way to improve your VR score is to read 30 minutes a day of articles in the NYT, WSJ, etc.from now until April 20th. I am taking KAPLAN for the April MCAT and I had a hideous 5 on VR. I brought that upto an 8 on my first full length last Sat. It can be done. Good luck!

This got me a nine the first time I took it and I know some others who have done well when the did the same thing. Take the biggest passage in terms of number of questions and do that one first then the second biggest. that way when you start running out of time you only have maybe one passage left and dont have to guess so much. It worked for me and some others.