Verbal is the Devil. Kaplan or EK method?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JoeNamath4Eva

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am in the kaplan course and have been studying for roughly a month on my own. I moved back the scheduled date to may. So my kaplan diagnostic was 22 (2 weeks ago) and 8R (yesterday) was 26 (9,9,8bs). I don't want to study more than 1 hr/day, is it possible to raise it to 30's?

My biggest question is: HAS ANYBODY BENEFITED FROM KAPLANS VERBAL STRATEGY? I will do anything to get it up one point, but kaplan's strategy just messes up my flow and I don't get the gist of the passage. Then again, my buddy took the course, followed their advice to a T (never studied outside class) and got a 37. So I am confused. Any advice would make me as happy as a penguin (I hear they are happy creatures).

Members don't see this ad.

The only thing less useful than Kaplan's verbal strategy is Kaplan's verbal practice material.

Examkrackers strategy is a step in the right direction, but their practice materials are pretty damn useful.

I am in the kaplan course and have been studying for roughly a month on my own. I moved back the scheduled date to may. So my kaplan diagnostic was 22 (2 weeks ago) and 8R (yesterday) was 26 (9,9,8bs). I don't want to study more than 1 hr/day, is it possible to raise it to 30's?

My biggest question is: HAS ANYBODY BENEFITED FROM KAPLANS VERBAL STRATEGY? I will do anything to get it up one point, but kaplan's strategy just messes up my flow and I don't get the gist of the passage. Then again, my buddy took the course, followed their advice to a T (never studied outside class) and got a 37. So I am confused. Any advice would make me as happy as a penguin (I hear they are happy creatures).

Different strokes for different folks.

I personally combine bits and pieces of both and bring them together.

Study and practice more to get a 30 or higher.

Use EK Verbal 101 and AAMC for verbal practice.

Personally, I try to actively read the passage and then answer the questions. I have no real strategy except to make sure I finish.

Eventually, you can distinquish between the two you narrow it down to easily. Also, some people have more ability for it. I get verbal fairly easily, but Physics is my beast I must slay. Good luck! Practice makes perfect!