Verbal line references

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amoheban

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am starting to notice that the AAMC tests do not give you any line references on verbal passages. Is this how it really is on the test? This kind of makes me mad at Kaplan and TPR who give you line references in their verbal passages. If its not on the real thing, it shouldnt be in our practice material.

I notice I am slower on AAMC verbal tests because it takes me an extra few seconds to locate line references where I wouldnt have to waste any time on Kaplan and TPR tests. Anyone else find this screwing with their timing?

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't taken an AAMC test yet so I can't compare, but maybe you can circle certain points here and there so you know where in the passage to go back to.

Hello. I am not absloutly sure about the paper Mcat but I sat the CBT here in australia last year and I am pretty sure that we were given line references. However I do not think they will really help you. usually they inser those so that you think the answer will be in the passage at that direct area. However, upon going there they usually throw you down the rabbit hole leaving you pretty sure you have the answer, but it is usually wrong. Try it do not go to the lines that are quoted and see how you go. Gut feeling is the way.