verbal material

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

integratethis

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I own ek 101, the Princeton review verbal workbook, and the Berkeley verbal book. I am almost finished with the Princeton book and going to start on EK101 next. Should I keep the Princeton book and redo it later? Or just sell it and find all new material. What do you guys think? I take the MCAT in January so I still have some good practice time left, but also a pretty full load of classes...

Members don't see this ad.

I would avoid going over the same passages. I did that for some AAMC tests and the answers still lingered in my head, even though I took it 5 months prior. It psyches you out and your scores tend to be inflated than usual.

I would stick with doing completely new material, and try to ration it out so you have enough until test day. As the same time, make sure you practice verbal daily since it is something that comes with practice.

It's good that you've started early for verbal practice since it is notoriously hard to improve. I retook my AAMC material after a year and really did not remember the questions, so it worked out for me. Keep the PR verbal book and use it maybe 1-2 months before your test date. The most valuable is AAMC self-assessments and practice tests, which you should use 2 months before the actual test.
If you just want more practice, get verbal material from Kaplan, BR, etc.