verbal on 2015 AAMC full length and real MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

@pinnacle

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys
I was wondering if the number of passages on the real MCAT are same as that on the AAMC FL practice (i.e 9 passages ~10.5 min per passage). Also ,are there any other VR passage dense books besides EK 101 VR to supplement practice. For Full length practice , I have bought EK practice exam 3 , TPR( 4 full lengths with the book ) , AAMC full length , and currently looking to buy full lengths from one more prep company(GS, NEXT STEP , TBR , ?) for which I am seeking advise .
Thank you for answering

Members don't see this ad.

Yup, the section has 9 passages.

Aside from EK 101, for verbal practice you have TPR's verbal workbook, NextStep's 108 passages book, and the AAMC CARS question packs.

Reactions: 1 user
Verbal is 90 minutes so at most you'll have 10 min a passage. Just wanted to let you know so you're not surprised on test day @pinnacle

Yup, the section has 9 passages.

Aside from EK 101, for verbal practice you have TPR's verbal workbook, NextStep's 108 passages book, and the AAMC CARS question packs.

I checked out your commentary for the NS 108 Verbal Reasoning book but did not see any reviews. I know there was a thread about it, but only one person commented about it (positive review). I was just wondering if you, or anyone else for that matter, have used this book and what you thought about it. I am a little hesitant to buy it (although I am leaning towards buying it while it's on sale) because the passages span the length of a page rather than one-half of a page (like the CBT display). Would using this be a disadvantage due to how the passages are presented on paper? Thanks in advance.