verbal passages in EK 101 vs. EK 16 mini-mcats

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Div_MD2B

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi all--
so i'm practicing verbal using the EK materials. i have done half of the passages in the EK 101 book and seen some improvement (8,8,8,9,10,10). i started doing some of the verbal passages in the EK 16 mini-mcats books just 'cuz i wanna get as much practice as possible. altho i was scoring ok on the passages in EK 101, these mini-mcats passages are killing me! i'm getting only like 50% right :scared: i review the tests in the same way that i review the ones from EK 101...i don't kno what's going on! arghh!!is anyone else practicing from this book?? any comments or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

i'm in your shoes...i was getting around those same scores on the EK101, but once i started doing the mini-MCAT, i noticed that my scores were dropping. guess i'm not the only one.

miscelaineeous said:
i'm in your shoes...i was getting around those same scores on the EK101, but once i started doing the mini-MCAT, i noticed that my scores were dropping. guess i'm not the only one.
I agree, and I think I kind know why that is, because you get 2 passages, and they are trying to hit with more hard question that each one of EK101 passages does. You only have 10 minutes for each passage with more questions, so, that might be why.

Those Mini-Mcat questions were really hard! Much more difficult that EK 101 or the AAMC/Real Deal. You need not worry.

Members don't see this ad :)
should i not worry about the EK mini mcats at all then? i was thinking about just taking the PS and BS part from the mini mcats.