Div_MD2B

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 3, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
hi all--
so i'm practicing verbal using the EK materials. i have done half of the passages in the EK 101 book and seen some improvement (8,8,8,9,10,10). i started doing some of the verbal passages in the EK 16 mini-mcats books just 'cuz i wanna get as much practice as possible. altho i was scoring ok on the passages in EK 101, these mini-mcats passages are killing me! i'm getting only like 50% right :scared: i review the tests in the same way that i review the ones from EK 101...i don't kno what's going on! arghh!!is anyone else practicing from this book?? any comments or advice would be greatly appreciated!

miscelaineeous

10+ Year Member
Feb 25, 2006
NY
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
i'm in your shoes...i was getting around those same scores on the EK101, but once i started doing the mini-MCAT, i noticed that my scores were dropping. guess i'm not the only one.

bunnybear

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 16, 2005
Status (Visible)
miscelaineeous said:
i'm in your shoes...i was getting around those same scores on the EK101, but once i started doing the mini-MCAT, i noticed that my scores were dropping. guess i'm not the only one.
I agree, and I think I kind know why that is, because you get 2 passages, and they are trying to hit with more hard question that each one of EK101 passages does. You only have 10 minutes for each passage with more questions, so, that might be why.

About the Ads
About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.