Verbal Practice: Kaplan vs EK vs TPR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mrmandrake

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have the EK101 Verbal, TPR Verbal Workbook, and Kaplan Verbal Reasoning (with three 85 minute verbal sections).

Is there a general consensus on which one comes closer to the actual MCAT? I don't want be "leaned" in the wrong direction by the types of questions or explanations provided. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

The old exams available through the AAMC are the best choice. I didn't think that the Kaplan VR sections were very good indicators of my preparation or useful practice materials. I got mostly 9s on my Kaplan VRs, 13-14 on the old exams, and a 12 on exam day.

in terms of difficulty, ek 101 after the aamc practice cbts.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got Kaplan Verbals and I also feel like its not helping much... do u guyz suggest I buy or borrow from a friend EK 101 VR Passages and throw away my Kap material?

Kap helped a lot with sciences but I think they sux for verbal and my biggest problem is verbal. If i can improve my verbal score I am confident i can hit nice digits on the real thing. PLease give suggestions!

I got Kaplan Verbals and I also feel like its not helping much... do u guyz suggest I buy or borrow from a friend EK 101 VR Passages and throw away my Kap material?

Kap helped a lot with sciences but I think they sux for verbal and my biggest problem is verbal. If i can improve my verbal score I am confident i can hit nice digits on the real thing. PLease give suggestions!

i would do them to warm up to EK 101. i mean, practice is practice. if you don't have the time, i would just do EK 101 and AAMC and just toss kaplans.