Verbal Predictions/ Performance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Poww

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
For those who received their scores... can you please share your experience with the verbal section?

1. how did you feel during/after the test?
2. what was your average for VR during prep?
3. what score/range for VR did you expect after the test?
4. what score did you receive?

Basically, was your prediction of your performance on the verbal reasoning section accurate?

Thanks! :)

1. Felt okay during the test. I didn't stress out about verbal until I got into the car.

2. My AAMC average for VR was an 11. Scored 10 on VR for AAMC 10 and 11 though.

3. I was expecting anywhere from a 8-11.

4. I scored a 10 on VR on the Real MCAT.

Members don't see this ad :)
Like a piece of turd
10-11
6-10
4. what score did you receive

It was harder than I thought it'd be. The passages felt longer and the questions trickier. My confidence was shaken.

10-11

9-10

We'll see in 5 days.

For those who received their scores... can you please share your experience with the verbal section?

Basically, was your prediction of your performance on the verbal reasoning section accurate?

1. Felt great during the test, felt confident about my answer on the vast majority of questions, though there were some (around 4) I was unsure about.
2. I got anywhere from an 8 (On a TPR diagnostic) to a 13 (on aamc 10), though my average was probably around 11.
3. I was expecting 11-13 after the test.
4. I ended up getting a 12

1. After the test, it felt like any other MCAT verbal. 50% easy questions, 25% hard questions and the rest were weasel/trick questions.

2. I scored an 11 on every FL practice test.

3. I knew I scored an 11 on the verbal when I was done.

4. I scored an 11 on the real deal.

1. just what I was feeling after the AAMC exams. I made sure I did not read into this too much. As soon as I got done, I got up and started eating the granola bars!
2. 1st: 6.25 2nd: 7.57
3. With this average and knowing that your score is just like AAMC 11, I thought an 8 would be a victory!
4. 1st: 6, 2nd: 9

It was spot-on. The VR basically requires no background knowledge, just your smarts and how used you are to "what are the author's purposes" questions, which you can honestly surmise after an hour of doing practice questions.

I achieved a 13 on the VR section after no further practice than what was taught in-class at the Kaplan sessions.

This means that improvements to VR are hard to make if you are primarily a memory-based learner rather than a reasoning-based learner, or if you have not been exposed to hard literature.

However, if you dissect down the paragraphs and categorize them according to purpose, topic, argument, and facts, the entire process can be quite systematic (but will take longer compared to a quick, astute reader's holistic method). This way, you can also reduce chance errors of misreading a few key words.