Verbal - Previewing Q's Then Reading Passage

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

enTropeeeeeeeee

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Given 20 minutes, I can easily get 5/6, or 6/6 on most of the verbal passages. However, once I turn on that timer, I am unable to comprehend with the same clarity. So I'm previewing the questions for key words or phrases, but forgetting them 3/4 into the passage.

How do you guys "remember"? Do you write down the key words on your scratch paper?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Given 20 minutes, I can easily get 5/6, or 6/6 on most of the verbal passages. However, once I turn on that timer, I am unable to comprehend with the same clarity. So I'm previewing the questions for key words or phrases, but forgetting them 3/4 into the passage.

How do you guys "remember"? Do you write down the key words on your scratch paper?

Thanks!

Everyone is different. Experiment and see what works for you. There are pretty good guides/advice from people here. Read the stickied threads. I personally find that technique a waste of time, but that's me. And yes, most people would score 14-15 if given 20 min per passage. That's why it's difficult. Good luck.

I agree with the last poster. Everyone's different. I just browse the questions and get a mental note of what's going on. I only write things down when it seems very necessary. And taking 20 minutes per passage is a bad idea. You're practicing bad habits. I started by giving myself 1.5 min/question, but I recently adjusted that to 1 min 20 sec/passage because I was falling a bit short on time on FLs. Test things out and develop your own strategy.