Verbal Question: The Reader's Edge? Input anyone? :)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jeanius

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello my fellow SDers,

I've registered for the March 26, 2011 MCAT. I plan on studying in January. This would be my second time taking the exam. I voided my first one because of a technical error I experienced (ie, Computer Freezing, me losing lots of time). Regardless, I wasn't prepared enough and probably would of voided anyways.

I have two questions:

1.) Has anyone heard of "The Reader's Edge"? I recently purchased the "Professional Version" which costed me a little over $100 dollars. It's hard to tell if it's actually useful considering there's very little feedback outside the website, so I'm hoping someone here has used it and can provide some input.

2.) My reading comprehension / reading speed is terribly bad. Last time I prepared for my MCAT, I attempted to use both TPRH and EK but attained very low scores for both and didn't manage to finish in-time during practice (Averaged a 5 or 6, maybe 7 if I'm lucky). I'm hoping I can pick up my reading speed and improve my score come test day. What journals, news articles do you suggest I read? Or, do you think should I just avoid reading those all together and focus on TPRH online passages, workbook, and EK passages I have left ~~ 150 passages).

Goodluck to everyone preparing and thanks for the advice in advance :)

Members don't see this ad.