verbal questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jungledoctor

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i have a few questions. i dont think im gonna buy the verbal books from EK and the 101 passages until im most confident that i can approach the verbal section.

is there any MCAT book besides just reading WSJ or the Economist or some newspaper that gives u a lot more exposure on fiction or humanities passages or just in general how to attack those questions?

Are the WSJ and the Economist have good articles that I can use to prepare for the MCAT? or is there anything else one may suggest?

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Try to get your hands on the TPR hyperlearning verbal workbook from someone who has taken the course. They are not available for retail sale and are only given to those who take their class, but students will sell them privately in various venues.

Read ...
Try to understand the argument presented...
Try to present a counter argument
Think while u r reading...why does the author say such and such....why does he start a new para...etc..pay attention to the main idea of the passage...

BTW, how far away r u from the test? If a 1 year-~5 months then WSJ and economist is good, if less, you should really start on real MCAT verbal passages.

Economist and WSJ seems to be the general advice here.

im about 1 and 1/2 year but i know im poor at verbal reasoning. i know that if i could prepare from now on, i could improve. so any other suggestions besides WSJ and the Economist are welcome.

thanks