Verbal Reasoning Issues pls help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

happening6

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am having a lot of issues with getting a good score on verbal reasoning. I usually end up with 4-6 on my practice test.

Can anyone suggest a method to understand the passage well.
While reading a passage what should i focus on.

Pls. help

Thx

Members don't see this ad.

Don't be discouraged. Everyone is different regarding VR. I honestly feel you should purchase the KP VR and WS book. They really break down what you need to look for. The VR passages always have key sentences and transition words that allow one to understand the passage without the details. Don't let the details take you down; they are just there to supplement the main purpose of each paragraph. There is always one sentence in each paragraph that will reveal what you need to know for that paragraph. This can reveal purpose or opinion of the writer. Eloquent speech is another that really messes people up. Don't read those lines 5-6 times; just to try and understand what they mean. The MCAT rarely tests knowledge on what a entire complex sentence means. The context of words may be tested but that can be found by referring to the first sentence within the paragraph. These are usually the topic sentences that define the tone of the paragraph. As far as focus I like visualizing the story and placing myself in it...whether it be a science story, philosophy, or art. Put yourself in that setting as if you are a reporter and your focus will be more tuned. good luck!:thumbup:

Last edited: