1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Verbal Reasoning Length: real vs. practice tests?

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by MudpuppyLake, Sep 3, 2014.

1. MudpuppyLake

Pre-Medical
    I have found that some verbal reasoning passages differ by length in some practice exams. If you have taken the real MCAT, what study resource would you say most mirrors the real length on the real test? Thanks.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. chickenpox

chickenpox SDN Gold Donor
    Gold Donor Classifieds Approved 2+ Year Member

It's approximately the same length. Adjust your computers resolution to that of the test centre's and you'll see that you have to do the same amount of scrolling.

People say the real MCAT is longer because they don't realize how much scrolling the larger font adds

4. justadream

7+ Year Member

@mus1cx

What is the resolution of the test center computers?

5. chickenpox

chickenpox SDN Gold Donor
    Gold Donor Classifieds Approved 2+ Year Member

6. Derpz

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    dunno real test feels longer...I had no issues w/timing on the practice passages but only had 4 min for my final passage today