1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

VERBAL REASONING Prep

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by travelingdoctor, Apr 16, 2007.

1. travelingdoctor

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I want to see if anyone here knows of any additional prep materials that could help me really do well on the VR section. It is my weakest section out of all the sections and I'm already taking the Kaplan prep course. Any good other books or sites I could use? Thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. sheepunite

sheepunite Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    read and discuss!
    i'd recommend any of the following:
    -the new york review of books
    -harper's
    -the economist
    -the new yorker

4. DrBowtie

DrBowtie Final Countdown
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Moving to the MCAT forum...

5. armybound

armybound urologist.
    Physician Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    all I did was practice, practice, practice.

take several practice tests, learn why you got questions wrong. IMO you just need to learn their "tricks," and how to think the way they want you to think.

6. Ms MD

Ms MD Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    What worked for me was using the Exam Krackers method (try to only read passage 1x, go back if you need to, and don't "map" the passage like Kaplan says)
    And use the Kaplan practice tests - they're harder than AAMC, and will help you with timing.

7. Ms MD

Ms MD Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    What worked for me was using the Exam Krackers method (try to only read passage 1x, go back if you need to, and don't "map" the passage like Kaplan says)
    And use the Kaplan practice tests - they're harder than AAMC, and will help you with timing. Good luck!