VERBAL REASONING Prep

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

travelingdoctor

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I want to see if anyone here knows of any additional prep materials that could help me really do well on the VR section. It is my weakest section out of all the sections and I'm already taking the Kaplan prep course. Any good other books or sites I could use? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I want to see if anyone here knows of any additional prep materials that could help me really do well on the VR section. It is my weakest section out of all the sections and I'm already taking the Kaplan prep course. Any good other books or sites I could use? Thanks!

read and discuss!
i'd recommend any of the following:
-the new york review of books
-harper's
-the economist
-the new yorker

all I did was practice, practice, practice.

take several practice tests, learn why you got questions wrong. IMO you just need to learn their "tricks," and how to think the way they want you to think.

Members don't see this ad :)
What worked for me was using the Exam Krackers method (try to only read passage 1x, go back if you need to, and don't "map" the passage like Kaplan says)
And use the Kaplan practice tests - they're harder than AAMC, and will help you with timing.

What worked for me was using the Exam Krackers method (try to only read passage 1x, go back if you need to, and don't "map" the passage like Kaplan says)
And use the Kaplan practice tests - they're harder than AAMC, and will help you with timing. Good luck!