place

10+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2005
Status
Hi, I am wondering how hard it is to improve the verbal reasoning score. I did fine in the diagnostic and full length for phy and bio (9s in both), but my verbal sucks. (5) I have been working on passages but my score did not improve from the diagnostic to 1st full length. Anyone have anything that worked well for them? I was never a big book reader so I suspect that this is the culprit. Thanks

Overeducated

MSIV
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 17, 2004
Southern California
Status
Medical Student
place said:
Hi, I am wondering how hard it is to improve the verbal reasoning score. I did fine in the diagnostic and full length for phy and bio (9s in both), but my verbal sucks. (5) I have been working on passages but my score did not improve from the diagnostic to 1st full length. Anyone have anything that worked well for them? I was never a big book reader so I suspect that this is the culprit. Thanks
Well, I'm a big book reader... and my verbal still sucks. I think once my quarter ends on March 16 I'm just going to do like 10 passages a day until my scores improve.

Frogmed

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 25, 2005
Norman
Status
place said:
I was making 5's. I read a book titled "Speed Reading in 10 days." It helped. I made a 9 on the August MCAT 2004, which was good enough for me...especially after a 5 on the April, 2004. Best Wishes :D

KCOM - 2009

futuredoc10

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 15, 2004
Status
Attending Physician
place said:
My only suggestion would be to do as many passages from now til April as humanly possible. Thats what I did and when I took it for real, it was alot easier to handle. For me, timing and pacing was everything!