Verbal score for non-native speaker?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jae9970

Freshman Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it true that for students whose mother language isn't English, a somewhat low score in the verbal section of the MCAT is more acceptable?

I got an 8 in my Verbal Reasoning section and a source told me since English isn't my first language, admission committee will understand it.

It just didn't sound right..

Members don't see this ad.

uh, that's probably another lie among the 10000000s of different lies

I cannot say for certain, but if English is your second language, they would look differently at an 8 then a native speaker. If your score is like a 5-6, then I would be worried.
I mean, if you got a 13-13-8, with the 8 in verbal, and you are a foreign student, you would probably be fine.

I cannot say any of this with certainty, but it is just my common sense talking here.

Members don't see this ad :)
an 8 with sciences above 10 will probably get you in.
just as long as it's not a 7

right, anything above 8 is fine but 7 is a definite no-no?

Gotcha. :D

Then I guess I barely got over the threshold..

Is it true that for students whose mother language isn't English, a somewhat low score in the verbal section of the MCAT is more acceptable?

I got an 8 in my Verbal Reasoning section and a source told me since English isn't my first language, admission committee will understand it.

It just didn't sound right..

that doesnt sound right.........