Verbal scores!?!?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

knird1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm new to this forum and I'm looking for some advice. I have taken 6 verbal test and these are my scores:

TPR:
1. 8
2. 7
3. 9

Ek:
1. 6
2. 5!

AAMC 5:
1. 8

My scores seem to be everywhere. I'm getting nervous because I planned on taking the MCAT soon. What do you'll think? How does AAMC 5 verbal compare to all of the other AAMC tests? Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Ditto... apparently, it's NORMAL to see your VR scores all over the map. I have taken all of the AAMC VR, working on EK, and moving to Kaplan next. My scores were:

(from AAMC 3-10); EK 1-6:
6, 8, 8, 7, 11, 8, 11, 6, 8, 7, 7, 9, 8, 10 (avg 8.1)

I took all of these under timed conditions.
Everyone says you develop a VR "muscle" - originally I thought, "yeah, right, whatever", but I am starting to see what they were talking about. I finish early now, and am able to easily recognize and eliminate wrong answer choices. I take MCAT in April so it's one VR test per day, until this wimpy "muscle" of mine is STRONG!!! My advice to you is: practice, practice, practice - with enough hard work, you'll have a trend line that goes absolutely nowhere like mine (*sarcastic)... but seriously, I have no doubts that my average score will continue to improve.

Good luck!

Oh yeah... check out the verbal strategy posted by "Vihsadas". I found it to be extremely helpful.