VERBAL SECTION - Words Donations for future exam taker.....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AlohaLendingInc

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If it's no problem for the people who have already taken the last PCAT; if you can help those of us who did poorly in the PCAT last time and please post up whichever words where used in the VERBAL section.

PLEASE DONATE YOUR WORDS FOR THE COMMUNITY ;) :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Umm isn't that against the PCAT policy?. I don't think we can share the exact problems or in this case, words that were on the PCATs. sorry.

AlohaLendingInc said:
If it's no problem for the people who have already taken the last PCAT; if you can help those of us who did poorly in the PCAT last time and please post up whichever words where used in the VERBAL section.

PLEASE DONATE YOUR WORDS FOR THE COMMUNITY ;) :thumbup:
To be honest I'm not sure it would help much. From what I understand they pull everything a database of questions, so its practical random on each version of the test. Plus I am sure they are always adding new words. My advice, if you have a real problem with the verbal portion, work really hard at nailing the other sections, especially Chem. and Quantitative. I think I got like a 75 on the verbal but my Chem and Quan. were over 90 so my composite was pretty good overall. I got in so it must have not been too bad. Good Luck!

kvl1027 said:
To be honest I'm not sure it would help much. From what I understand they pull everything a database of questions, so its practical random on each version of the test. Plus I am sure they are always adding new words. My advice, if you have a real problem with the verbal portion, work really hard at nailing the other sections, especially Chem. and Quantitative. I think I got like a 75 on the verbal but my Chem and Quan. were over 90 so my composite was pretty good overall. I got in so it must have not been too bad. Good Luck!

They use repeat questions and passages all the time. Ridiculous.

Members don't see this ad :)
kvl1027 said:

On Verbal i got only 49 but others i got chem 98, bio 95, quan 97. and essay i got 3. is that really bad.

I think so, cuz English is my second language, even though i was born here in the US. but i speak Vietnamese at home, and grow up in the Little Saigon area, CA. Damn, that's suck.

any suggestion on how to nail this Verbal part. i tried to purchase some books on this, but i didn't see any word that i've seen on the exam. so I am worried, and worried. Is this Verbal section going to close me out on pharmacy school?...really suck, yeah.

AlohaLendingInc said:
On Verbal i got only 49 but others i got chem 98, bio 95, quan 97. and essay i got 3. is that really bad.

I think so, cuz English is my second language, even though i was born here in the US. but i speak Vietnamese at home, and grow up in the Little Saigon area, CA. my parents never allow me to speak English at home. I do have accents, only Vietnamese, proud to be one, but Damn, that's F*** me up real bad on this Verbal.

any suggestion on how to nail this Verbal part. i tried to purchase some books on this, but i didn't see any word that i've seen on the exam. so I am worried, and worried. Is this Verbal section going to close me out on pharmacy school?...really suck, yeah

AlohaLendingInc said:
AlohaLendingInc said:

I think so, cuz English is my second language, even though i was born here in the US. but i speak Vietnamese at home, and grow up in the Little Saigon area, CA. my parents never allow me to speak English at home. I do have accents, only Vietnamese, proud to be one, but Damn, that's F*** me up real bad on this Verbal.

any suggestion on how to nail this Verbal part. i tried to purchase some books on this, but i didn't see any word that i've seen on the exam. so I am worried, and worried. Is this Verbal section going to close me out on pharmacy school?...really suck, yeah

Please go to any bookstore to buy any GRE exam preparation. I found that Kaplan's is good. It helps me.
Good luck.

That is blatently against PCAT guidelines to "donate" words they have used. All the words are very easy anyway; I only didn't know one of them in the entire section, and verbal is not strong for me.

AlohaLendingInc said:

I think so, cuz English is my second language, even though i was born here in the US. but i speak Vietnamese at home, and grow up in the Little Saigon area, CA. Damn, that's suck.

any suggestion on how to nail this Verbal part. i tried to purchase some books on this, but i didn't see any word that i've seen on the exam. so I am worried, and worried. Is this Verbal section going to close me out on pharmacy school?...really suck, yeah.

That is not a great verbal score, but what was your Composite? It seems like it shouldnt be that low with those other scores being that high.

I can confirm that words used in the verbal section are repeated each session.
I once took the PCAT in october, the retook the test in november, and I was gladly suprised they used EXACTLY the same words!
I got 78 the first time, then 99 on the verbal section the 2nd time.

Additionally, I used the Miller's Analogies and GRE vocabulary to study for this section.

Before Harcourt changed the format of the PCAT (w/ essay, more calculus, orgo...), the questions used in the PCAT were constantly the same each session. The questions were gathered in a big package (I'm pretty sure that the vietnamese community knows what I am talking about... hehe).
My sister used that package to study for the PCAT back in 2003, and she got 99 the first time she took the pcat. I believe that package is useless now since everything has changed after october 2004.

drugdoc said:
That is blatently against PCAT guidelines to "donate" words they have used. All the words are very easy anyway; I only didn't know one of them in the entire section, and verbal is not strong for me.

Easy to you but not to everybody!
I've noticed that most excel the science and math sections but fail the verbal section.

Hey those of u guys that did good could yall please tell me what yall did and what yall studied...can u email me please

i would like to know whats good to study for vocab
...... whats good for reading comp
etc.

and also how i should go about it...b/c honestly i studied the kaplan and barrons and cliff notes and didnt end up doning that good

how did yall study thanks

longnguyen said:
I'm pretty sure that the vietnamese community knows what I am talking about... hehe

I grrrrrr at you!

here is a word that I saw in the June PCAT...NO