Verbal: TPR Vs. Kaplan Vs. EK

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bonez318ti

Future Rally Medic
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which ones do you think are more like AAMC?

I have books for all three of them
-EK 101
-Im taking kaplan,so I've taken 5 or 6 of their full lengths
-i have the princeton review verbal book with 4 practice exams in it (i think it was given to students of the TPR course)

out of these, I think the difficulties rank:
Kaplan < EK < TPR

I dont know if its because I've gotten use to the kaplan ones or what, but i've been pretty consistent in scoring about a 9-11 on their practice exams.. and similarly, ive been scoring about a 10 or so on the EK's.. i can somewhat see consistencies in the way that both kaplan and EK make up their question stems and answer choices..

then i take a look at TPR.. and its totally different. i dont know if that is due to the different philosophies of the companies (i figure that since they teach a particular style, the tests they make are going to somewhat reflect the styles they teach). the TPR answer choices seem ALOT more nuanced. alot of times, when i get the answer right, it is only due to a lucky guess.. whereas in EK/Kaplan, I am usually pretty sure it is the right answer.

Anyone have some insights into this?

Members don't see this ad.