Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Verbal's kicking my ass

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by Halaljello, Apr 9, 2001.

1. Halaljello

Halaljello Hot Oil

Sorry for the somewhat unappropriate title for this post...but verbal is literally kicking my butt... im getting close to 9's and mabey even 10's on the bio and physical, but im lucky if i get a 5 on verbal...i dont want this section to keep me from doing somthing i've alwayz want to do...i know verbal has been a horror section for some of you guys...how do u get through it? Do u annotate ur passages? when? where? how? wat else can u do?

Helpp!!!!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. PalCareGrl

PalCareGrl Senior Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    Hi,
    I'm taking Kaplan right now, and from their practice tests, I seem to be doing a little better on VR than before.
    They tell us to try to read for structure and jot down a short (a couple of words) summary of what each paragraph is about after reading it (that way you have to pause after each paragraph and you don't end up blanking out while you're reading). It seems to work. That and I underline and circle a lot to stay focused on the passage. Also, don't read the questions first, that just takes more time up... these strategies have been working for me so far. Hope that this helps a little. Good Luck! [​IMG] Liz

p.s. do you have any suggestions for finishing the PS section? that's the one I'm having the most problems with...

4. EricCSU

EricCSU Senior Member

5. Dr JPH

Dr JPH Banned
    Banned

Resident [Any Field]
    Rank each passage in order of difficulty.

Do the easy passages first and save the difficult ones for later.

If you come to a "killer question", skip it...go back to it.

Other than that, the only way to enhance your score is to read fast and remember what you read.

Best of luck...I, too, will be sitting for the April test.

------------------
    Joshua Paul Hazelton
    [email protected]
    University of the Sciences in Philadelphia (2002)