verification process

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

davidthegnome

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone give an accurate guess as to how long the verification process takes from amcas? thanks

Members don't see this ad.

It just depends. Some folks verified within days others not. I called last cycle to ask if it was by order of submitted whoever answered said no. I asked is it by alphabetical order or something no. So there is no telling how they go about it that is why sending stuff in early is the best just in case something is askew and you need to send in more supporting documents...

what time does undergrad schools typically send in composite LORs, for those that have committees for letters?
my school says they start writing their composite letter at the end of june, doesnt that seem late?
will this affect the rate at which my app gets processed/verified?

Members don't see this ad :)
i don't know if there's an order that they follow when they go about verifying ... but they don't seem too overwhelmed with it yet. i submitted my amcas late monday night after i got my mcat scores and got an email from them this morning (thurs) saying that they had verified my app.

Like I said it depends if you have only one transcript maybe it goes quicker who knows. I know that mine last year took some time more so than other folks that submitted the same day that I did so go figure. To aingeal you do not need LOR's to get verified, getting verified is in reference to AMCAS. AMCAS only needs ALL your undergrad transcripts to verify you and a complete and submitted application. LOR's are sent to individual schools ONCE they e-mail you and ask you to fill out their secondary which most schools that you apply to on amcas will (most schools do NOT screen prior to sending secondaries they make lots of $$$$).

Here's a little secret that I found out last year. It depends on the letter your last name starts with. They have people that are working on groups of letters. For example A-C is assigned to one worker, D-F another worker, etc. If you happened to have a last name who goes to a slower worker, then you're screwed (like mine last year--people that sent their transcripts in 2 weeks after mine were getting verified before me.)

efex101 said:
Yeah that really bites, hopefully this year the slow workers are out of a job...

I doubt it. Even the "fast" ones are pretty slow once the cycle hits its peak. I think the AAMC is just hella greedy and they have 10 retired people working (a la the retired people from Happy Gilmore) to maximize their profits.