Verification regarding a NO SHOW

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

arc5005

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have my test this Saturday, and I'm getting there but definitely don't feel 100% prepared. Mainly my Behavioral Sciences section is not up to par yet, see this thread: (Low AAMC FL1, mostly using TBR to study, exam in 1 week.).

At this point, I think it would be best for me to just NO SHOW, study everything I have left to study over the next month, and sit for the exam in April in 4 weeks (if there are spots open).

I browsed multiple threads, but most of them were from 2015 & 2016, but I would like additional UPDATED verification that a NO SHOW is essentially a VOID, and it doesn't exactly count against you or get sent to schools. I honestly, don't mind explaining a NO SHOW or a VOID if I were asked about it. I just don't want it to count as like a ZERO/LOW SCORE/Hinder me when I apply.

Do schools see your "MCAT Score Reporting System" ?

Voiding vs. Not Showing Up

Take and void vs don't show up?

REDDIT posts:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
A no show appears nowhere in your application.

A no show DOES count against your lifetime attempts (I think that's 7).

Do NOT take this exam if you do not feel prepared; that said, Psy/Soc was something I did not study for (at all beyond reading the 100 page thingy) and I got a... wait for it...

If this is your weak point, read the 100 page thing, know the primary researchers, know the Erickson/Piaget/Freud/etc. stages and how they compare/contrast.

I cannot say the exact thing or anything related for fear of AAMC reprisal but let's say you have a vegetable garden and carrots are like celery are like potatoes but beans are not they are like peas and for that purpose when should you harvest the carrots vs. the peas?