Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

vermont and waitlists...

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by poloace, Nov 3, 2002.

1. poloace

poloace Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

is it true that if you are an out of state applicant being interviewed at vermont that you are most likely going to be waitlisted and then accepted only if they do not have enough vermont applicants? just curious- from what i've read, it seems like very few out of staters get acceptances the normal way- most come off of the wait list. can anyone shed any light on this ??
    p

2. Joe Joe on da Radio

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    peter, that's what the assoc dean of admissions told our group during my interview...

in-staters are either accepted or rejected. out-of-staters are waitlisted at first, so they can fill the class first with vermont residents. the wait-list for out-of-staters will be ranked.

jj

3. Bounty

Bounty 1K Member
    7+ Year Member

Joe Joe! I'm rooting for you! And you too polo! :)

4. poloace

poloace Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

so, i'm going to be waitlisted??? this seems like a different kind of waitlist though... it seems like if they're interviewing you out-of-state- they're looking to just fill up the class with vermont kids and then admit the rest of us... so, its not like we're being waitlisted- more like we're not being admitted right away... kind of different that way. bounty- love ya
    p

5. kutastha

kutastha 2K Member
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    This isn't always the case. I interviewed in Oct last year (this was 'early' due to the AMCAS fiasco) and was accepted in December in one of their first rounds. Oh, and I'm from California.