Vermont interview day schedule

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by SMW, Jan 30, 2002.

1. SMW

SMW Grand Member

My invitation says I should be done at 4:00pm or a little after. Does it really go that long? Would I be foolish to book a flight out 4:55? If I can't get on that flight I have to stay an extra night in Burlington.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. watto

watto Sleek White Pantsuit

Call them and ask for the early interview. I was out of there by 3:15ish and was on time for an early flight such as yours.

4. SMW

SMW Grand Member

Thanks, watto, now I just have to decide whether I'd prefer to spend 2 nights in Burlington or 2 nights in Rochester. Should have scheduled back to back instead of leaving a whole day for travel. :( Or did I even have a choice? It's all becoming a big blur...........

5. mpp

mpp SDN Moderator
    Moderator Emeritus

Resident [Any Field]
    I'd spend two nights in Burlington over two nights in Rochester. Burlington is a much cozier town. But I suppose it depends on if you are staying with a host (don't want to overstay your welcome) or in a hotel (don't want to max out those credit cards. Good luck on those interviews. I don't even want to ask what it cost to fly from Anchorage to Burlington...I just paid $600 to get to Minneapolis from Fairbanks (although it was sort of a last minute deal).

6. SMW

SMW Grand Member

7. Patiently Waiting

Patiently Waiting Senior Member

Hey SMW,

If you still have time, try to call UVM and ask for the list of active student hosts...that's how I got my student host contact info. In fact, I am writing this response using his computer in Burlington. It's heavily snowing here today, so there goes my chance to check out the Church St. everyone talks about here. But it's all good...my interview day has gone by really well. My travelling situation was kinda awkward too so I asked my student host in advance (politely, of course) if it was ok for me to stay two nights, and coolio, now I get to stay in a beautiful town for two nights in a row for FREE!!! Hope this info helps. The contact person at UVM is Ms. Mary Keefe (spp?).