Vermont Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted50541

Any of you kiddies going to be interviewing at Vermont next week?

Just curious.

Members don't see this ad.

the negative 1 said:

Just curious.

dress warm...very warm!

I lived in western New York for 4 years. I don't consider it cold until the temperature drops below 10 degrees.

Members don't see this ad :)
the negative 1 said:

Just curious.

Hey .. good luck on your interview at UVM. I went there on Nov. 3rd. Had a great experience. Wonderful wonderful people. Pretty girls (FYI if you are a guy) :)

If you get a chance, try to go to church street sometime.

By the way, j^2 = -1 is also fascinating to me. In electrical engineering that concept is hugely important.

Best wishes,
S.

im going to be there on thursday next week. still looking for a student host. if anyone is available please PM me. i heard thurs n fri is the testing dates for 1st yrs, so they r busy and cant host...

ShyRem said:
I wish. I'm still in limbo-land with Vermont.
Same here. Damn.

jbone said:
Same here. Damn.
Ditto, although I am thinking about withdrawing my app. If they can't see how fabulous I am in 2 months time, they got issues!

I'll be there for a Tuesday interview- Staying at Anchorage Inn.

I have been "under review" pre-interview for ages. How long does it take them to review?

It took a little less than two months before I received my interview invite.

gdbaby said:
Ditto, although I am thinking about withdrawing my app. If they can't see how fabulous I am in 2 months time, they got issues!

:laugh: That's the spirit.

Tell them that you've been already accepted and due to your unusually generous attitude you are giving Vermont a second chance to make good.

P.S. I really have this silly urge to click on the "Withdraw Application" button on the status page. I don't want to withdraw but I just want to see what happens next, like will there be a picture of the dean crying (like on the welcome message page)?

DrKitty said:
I have been "under review" pre-interview for ages. How long does it take them to review?

when were you complete? my "several weeks" has been since 10/27
also, how do they invite and reject, email or snail?
thanx and best of luck

Members don't see this ad :)
RayhanS1282 said:
:laugh: That's the spirit.

Tell them that you've been already accepted and due to your unusually generous attitude you are giving Vermont a second chance to make good.

P.S. I really have this silly urge to click on the "Withdraw Application" button on the status page. I don't want to withdraw but I just want to see what happens next, like will there be a picture of the dean crying (like on the welcome message page)?
Ha! I love it. I will even scroll my cursor over the withdraw app option and watch it light up. Then, I think about how my bank acct is $100 less because of hem and I say--"Oh no you don't Vermont. I will sip a glass of your precious syrup from my chalice! Just you wait!"

Then I wait.

madonna said:
thanx and best of luck
It's an email invite.

i interviewed in nov, after two months of waiting, so hang in there.
super nice place,
good luck, :)

I have been complete since 10/17. It has been more than "several weeks", and I want my interview :oops:

madonna said:
thanx and best of luck

My application was complete for about a month and a half before I received my interview invite (via email)

When I did interview I absolutely loved the school!!! Some of the other people I met on my interview day said that they saw that they were invited for an interview via the status page and never received an email from the office so I would also keep checking the status page for any changes. Best of luck to you all :luck:

How does Vermont send out invites? e-mail? snail-mail? carrier pigeons?

RayhanS1282 said:

It's an email invite (not from my experience :( )

RayhanS1282 said:

Carrier pigeons!

Well, I got their email invitation at 11pm on a weekday. I think some people have noticed the invitation on their website before email is sent out.

Hope you hear from them soon. Have you called them? If you get Mary Campbell..she is pretty nice. Wouldn't hurt to call..

S.

shahab said:
Carrier pigeons!

Well, I got their email invitation at 11pm on a weekday. I think some people have noticed the invitation on their website before email is sent out.

Hope you hear from them soon. Have you called them? If you get Mary Campbell..she is pretty nice. Wouldn't hurt to call..

S.

Thanks. I figured carrier pigeons because that would explain the delay and we can count the "you will hear from us within the next few weeks" in pigeon years to make sense.

And I did speak to Ms. Campbell and I agree very nice lady. She just told me that they'll be sending out a batch of letters by Christmas which can be an invite or a rejection.

madonna said:
thanx and best of luck

My several weeks has been since 10/6 and counting.

gdbaby said:
Ha! I love it. I will even scroll my cursor over the withdraw app option and watch it light up. Then, I think about how my bank acct is $100 less because of hem and I say--"Oh no you don't Vermont. I will sip a glass of your precious syrup from my chalice! Just you wait!"

Then I wait.
Dude, you crack me up. I'll drink it with ya. :thumbup:

My 'several weeks' has been since 9/1. That's a bit longer than several weeks, I think. Generally I think of 'several' as being less than 6. This is going on 14 weeks now... I think that's more than 'several'. Perhaps they need a new math professor?

ShyRem said:
My 'several weeks' has been since 9/1. That's a bit longer than several weeks, I think. Generally I think of 'several' as being less than 6. This is going on 14 weeks now... I think that's more than 'several'. Perhaps they need a new math professor?

Damn it Shy, they are doctors not mathematicians.

ShyRem said:
I've been complete there since freakin June or July. nice response time. "several weeks" my a$$. :mad: