Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Vermont secondary Q

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by moo, Aug 31, 2001.

1. moo

moo 1K Member

Have you ever been convicted of a crime (including but not limited to motor vehicle infractions other than parking violations)?

I was caught for speeding when I was 16. Do I actually have to put this down?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. moo

moo 1K Member

never mind, found my answer on the pink sheet

4. Smoke This

Smoke This Sweet cuppin' cakes!

I hope the answer is no. :rolleyes:

5. moo

moo 1K Member

you do if the conviction is less than five years old. Now, I'm trying to find the exact date of my conviction (it wasn't even a real speeding ticket... It was a damn "photo radar" ticket, where they take a picture of your license plate if you are above the posted speed limit. A cheap shot by the stupid govt here. This has since been outlawed because it was deemed unconstitutional since even if someone stole your car, you could still be held liable if they were caught speeding because you are the registered owner)

6. GoatBoy

GoatBoy Manboob Extraordinaire

So you actually got caught by that stupid thing huh? I remember that, I hated it. But I did actually notice that people were driving slower while it was in effect.

7. moo

moo 1K Member

Well goatboy, after I was caught once, I just knew what to look out for... ugly caravans on the side of the road with the legs of the tripods sticking out... Everybody mocked the PR vans because we slowed down to about a crawl everytime people saw one...

8. Milhouse Van Houten

Milhouse Van Houten Senior Member

i was told that if you went to traffic school for your violation, you never have to say you got a ticket because it is "erased" from your records. it's like a warning. even the insurance companies don't know about it. i think it's illegal to ask if you went to traffic school on an application because that undermines the whole "warning" philosophy of traffic school.

9. moo

moo 1K Member

Well, I never got the chance to go to traffic school and this is on my driver's record. Oh well, I'm just gonna write this in, because it's not worth the risk lying... I doubt they will put much weight on this because I am sure I won't be the only one with a speeding ticket conviction.