Very conflicted about when to apply, what should i do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kobethegoat24

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have asked this question before but never got a satisfying answer as to why I should apply in june. I have 3.88 GPA, 21 AA 21 TS and 18 PAT :( but lowest is 16 math. I have about 45 hours shadowing and 54 hours volunteering. I have finished my PS and am messaging people on here to review it for me before I submit it. I am almost done with my application and feel as though I can submit it in a few days.
However, I wanted to wait until July so I could have close to or above 100 hours of both volunteering and shadowing to apply. But lots of people on here have told me to just apply in June. Can I update my volunteering/shadowing after I apply because I know on the website they say to only put in the amount you have completed so far. If you do think I should apply in June, I would really appreciate explanation as to why other than that its early because I feel as if I have way too low volunteering/shadowing to apply now.
THank you

Members don't see this ad.

I know a guy with 3.5/20AA/15BIO that got in

Members don't see this ad :)
That gives me hope. But do you think I should apply now with low volunteer/shadow or later at the start of july?

Start of July, anything before august is early

Reactions: 1 user
apply now! shadowing and volunteer hours will not make or break your application, plus you can add them in planned/future activities. apply asap as it will take weeks for your app to process.

Thank you for your feedback, I am looking at AADSAS but don't see anywhere that it says planned/future activities. Do I just add my new shadowing hours as new hours after submitting my application? So I just enter my shadowing hours so far and since we can't edit old hours after submitting I just add them as new separate hours of shadowing ?
apply now! shadowing and volunteer hours will not make or break your application, plus you can add them in planned/future activities. apply asap as it will take weeks for your app to process.

Some schools have minimum requirement for shadowing hours so make sure you check them. Me personally, i applied in july and still consider it early.

So I have asked this question before but never got a satisfying answer as to why I should apply in june. I have 3.88 GPA, 21 AA 21 TS and 18 PAT :( but lowest is 16 math. I have about 45 hours shadowing and 54 hours volunteering. I have finished my PS and am messaging people on here to review it for me before I submit it. I am almost done with my application and feel as though I can submit it in a few days.
However, I wanted to wait until July so I could have close to or above 100 hours of both volunteering and shadowing to apply. But lots of people on here have told me to just apply in June. Can I update my volunteering/shadowing after I apply because I know on the website they say to only put in the amount you have completed so far. If you do think I should apply in June, I would really appreciate explanation as to why other than that its early because I feel as if I have way too low volunteering/shadowing to apply now.
THank you
You should call AADSAS and ask whether you can update the activities once you submit the application. You don't necessarily need to 100 hours before you apply. Some school recommends 100 hours. If you mention in the other section of the application that you are working to fill the 100 hours, you should be just fine.

Someone from the ADA virtual tour told me you can still add shadowing/volunteering hours to your application after you submit it.

You can't edit existing volunteering/shadowing experiences on your application after submitting. However, you can add new experiences to "update" your app with additional shadowing and volunteering. Basically you just have to create new experiences rather than editing the original ones.

Reactions: 1 users
Some schools don’t consider any new volunteering/shadowing updates after initial submission, so I’d do my research.

This is what I wanted to know thank you very much
You can't edit existing volunteering/shadowing experiences on your application after submitting. However, you can add new experiences to "update" your app with additional shadowing and volunteering. Basically you just have to create new experiences rather than editing the original ones.

oh ok, i was thinking about TMDSAS. apply now anyway, you have a good amount of hours already and it is not that important at the end of the day.