Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Very Late Applicants??

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Procrastinator, Jan 8, 2002.

1. Procrastinator

Procrastinator Senior Member

I was wondering if there was anyone else out there in the same boat as me? I decided late to apply this year and didn't even start the AMCAS app until November. I finished my secondaries between 12-10 and 1-3. If anyone has finished apps around the same time can you please post what all you've heard back from the schools. Please include personal stats if you dont mind. Thanks.

PS: I am a Cali resident and only applied to the UC's and have a fairly high MCAT.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. imtiaz

imtiaz i cant translate stupid
    Moderator Emeritus

Attending Physician
    I'm in the same boat as you. I'm thinking about sending in a new transcript with new grades to boost my GPA, although this will result in a delay of my verified app being sent out to schools. Has anyone done this? I haven't heard anything from anywhere yet, but all my apps are complete.

4. Optimistic

Optimistic Senior Member

I sent in my secondaries after december15.I just received a post card from one of the two schools that my application is complete.I was so late in applying .My excuse is that I was having hard time convincing myself to apply with bad MCAT scores.Now Iam desperately waiting for rejections.

5. PST

PST Junior Member

I also applied very late. No interviews yet, just news of completed apps. April is just around the bend and I'm beginning to get nervous about getting an interview. Maybe a host of factors will make us less so, like the drop in applications this year, or the fact that there were around 2.1 applicants per spot last year (which would mean a higher ratio this year).

Hopefully by the end of Jan/early Feb we will hear good news, even though the wait is killing us.

6. PunkRockDoc

PunkRockDoc Senior Member

I sent my AMCAS in April. I finished my secondaries in November. I have only heard from 2 schools so far: one interview, the other was an "interview waiting list". I haven't heard anything else from anyone. Ironically, the interview offer (to Temple) came before I completed my secondary application for them!

7. Optimistic

Optimistic Senior Member

8. FINATWO

FINATWO New Member

Don't you think you guys are expecting a whole lot. What about those of us who applied early and are STILL waiting to hear something. I would think that if you didn't bother to apply early - then the schools should not bother to get an answer to you RIGHT AWAY.

Face reality.

9. PunkRockDoc

PunkRockDoc Senior Member