Very Low DAT Score - Can I get in Anywhere

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jabeck74

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a very low DAT score. I scored 18 in bio, 15 in Gchem, and 11 in Ochem :mad:

Do I have any chances of getting in anywhere? My GPA is fairly decent at 3.4 overall and 3.4 science.

Members don't see this ad.

You must retake the DAT, period.

jabeck74 said:
I have a very low DAT score. I scored 18 in bio, 15 in Gchem, and 11 in Ochem :mad:

Do I have any chances of getting in anywhere? My GPA is fairly decent at 3.4 overall and 3.4 science.

No way

Members don't see this ad :)
What's a good way to study for Ochem? Just memorize all the reactions? The whole subject is so overwhelming, I don't know where to start. I took the class, but don't remember much.

jabeck74 said:
What's a good way to study for Ochem? Just memorize all the reactions? The whole subject is so overwhelming, I don't know where to start. I took the class, but don't remember much.

How did you do in Ochem class? I thought that all you needed to know was the Kaplan Book. If you read that like 3-5 times thoroughly and focused, you should have a good handle on what the DAT will test you on. Same goes with General CHemistry. However, use other sources for the Biology section like Examcrakers, GRE Biology, etc. Also, very useful is the Kaplan Subject Tests.

jabeck74 said:

Not if Jesus himself wrote you a recommendation letter.

you are screwed..............

Sally Jay said:
Not if Jesus himself wrote you a recommendation letter.

you are screwed..............

A simple answer of "No, you will need to retake the DATs" would have be sufficient.

Reactions: 1 user
That 11 in Ochem is pretty bad. As much as I hate to tell you this, you are better off retaking the DAT and getting a higher scores. :(

I would agree with Sprgrover. Retaking the DAT and getting higher scores will do you a world of good.

I made a B in both Organic 1 & 2. Sadly, that was last summer, and not much of it "stuck."

huskerslp said:
A simple answer of "No, you will need to retake the DATs" would have be sufficient.

Would it? Maybe we could give him a pat on the ass. Afterall, you could pick all A's and get an 11 statistically.

Great Job.

I actually wish everyone here would have gotten 11's, it would make me look great with my 22/19/20

Just retake it. You already hit rock bottom, so the only way is up. Be positive and good luck on your next DAT! :thumbup:

huskerslp said:
I like Sally Jay's creativity. Freaking hilarious. May your reincarnation be as creative as all your past names, Sally Jay.

jabeck74 said:

Just take it over in a few months and dont dwell on it. I did well on my first DAT but I know that there are lots of people here that have taken it SEVERAL times, some that didnt need too IMO.