Very Odd Coursework Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

effectedtag

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I used AP credit for the intro bio sequence. I have taken Cell Bio and Physiology. I'm taking the lab part for Cell bio this upcoming semester. There is no Physiology lab, so I would have to take another bio class with lab.

However, I feel like I made a mistake by not taking the intro biology courses. If my school allows it, what would adcoms think about me if I went back and took the Second Semester of intro biology.

Probably a dumb question but thought I'd ask anyway.

Members don't see this ad.

I believe Some schools don’t accept ap credit for pre-reqs, depends on the school.

Members don't see this ad :)
I believe Some schools don’t accept ap credit for pre-reqs, depends on the school.
I'm aware, which is why I have already taken 2 upper-level Bio classes and plan to accompany them with lab to make up for the AP credit. It is just that most other bio courses at my school that has lab are a lot tougher than the Intro courses.

I'm aware, which is why I have already taken 2 upper-level Bio classes and plan to accompany them with lab to make up for the AP credit. It is just that most other bio courses at my school that has lab are a lot tougher than the Intro courses.
Medical school will be even tougher. Challenge yourself. Have fun.

Reactions: 1 user
I would go back and take the intro ones. I learned that GPA is king.

I took some language courses backwards (started with higher level and then went back and took the lower level ones for some filler classes) and no one noticed or if they did then they didn't care.

I used AP credit for the intro bio sequence. I have taken Cell Bio and Physiology. I'm taking the lab part for Cell bio this upcoming semester. There is no Physiology lab, so I would have to take another bio class with lab.

However, I feel like I made a mistake by not taking the intro biology courses. If my school allows it, what would adcoms think about me if I went back and took the Second Semester of intro biology.

Probably a dumb question but thought I'd ask anyway.
I took intro bio/chem courses my Junior year due to not realizing some schools didn't accept AP credit and I was literally never asked about it at any of the schools I interviewed at.