Aug 21, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Hello,

Just wanted to thank you all who took the time to read this post, and for even being on this site.

My current UC GPA is 2.77 (I currently completed 185 units; and 80 UC units) and my upper division major GPA is 2.64, my transferred GPA I had from community college was 3.74, and have a total of 10 W's, 1 F, 3 D's, 2 C-'s, 2 C+'s, 1 C, 1 B+, 8 B's, 2 B-'s, 1 A-, 2 A's on my UC transcript. I will be graduating in a few months, this is my last year.

I haven't taken the new 2017/2018 MCAT yet, and volunteered at 2 hospitals, and will be volunteering again soon.

I just want to know.. because of my past actions and the things I did.. it is so difficult for me to love myself and forgive myself for the horrific things I did, and I am at the peak of deciding to give up on pursuing medicine due to my poor grades in UC and just me being an ungrateful, entitled, selfish, jealous, evil person.

Do you guys also agree that the path to medical school is completely out of reach at this point for a person like me?

Thank you for you time..

Last edited:

DV-T

2+ Year Member
Nov 11, 2015
Status
Medical Student
I am very sorry to read about your hardships.

First and foremost, you must find a way to get counseling/therapy to get yourself mentally/psychologically/emotionally healthy and well again. Medicine is not going anywhere. It will be here when you are in a better place mentally, psychologically, and emotionally. Hopefully, others on SDN will provide wiser advice.

Take care of yourself first. Be well!!!

OP
R
Aug 21, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
I am very sorry to read about your hardships.

First and foremost, you must find a way to get counseling/therapy to get yourself mentally/psychologically/emotionally healthy and well again. Medicine is not going anywhere. It will be here when you are in a better place mentally, psychologically, and emotionally. Hopefully, others on SDN will provide wiser advice.

Take care of yourself first. Be well!!!
Thank you, my friend, I appreciate your time in reading this post and providing your insight..

Take care..

Kobethegoat24

2+ Year Member
Apr 27, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Hello,

Just wanted to thank you all who took the time to read this post, and for even being on this site.

My current UC GPA is 2.77 (I currently completed 185 units; and 80 UC units) and my upper division major GPA is 2.64, my transferred GPA I had from community college was 3.74, and have a total of 10 W's, 1 F, 3 D's, 2 C-'s, 2 C+'s, 1 C, 1 B+, 8 B's, 2 B-'s, 1 A-, 2 A's on my UC transcript. I will be graduating in a few months, this is my last year.

I haven't taken the new 2017/2018 MCAT yet, and volunteered at 2 hospitals, and will be volunteering again soon.

I just want to know.. because of my past actions and the things I did.. it is so difficult for me to love myself and forgive myself for the horrific things I did, and I am at the peak of deciding to give up on pursuing medicine due to my poor grades in UC and just me being an ungrateful, entitled, selfish, jealous, evil person.

Do you guys also agree that the path to medical school is completely out of reach at this point for a person like me?

Thank you for you time..
Have you thought about a post bacc course? Will allow you to improve your GPA if you dedicate your self. But first always comes health. Take care of your self, dont feel down, we all have points in our life where we feel like there is no hope. Just know you have so many options, it may take a little bit of time but you will do great, dont be down on your self

Reactions: En3rgy
Aug 17, 2017
Status
Pre-Dental
Hello,

Thank you for you time..
Definitely not out of reach!! Just get back on track, I would suggest doing a post-bacc like someone mentioned earlier and trying to achieve all A's if possible or doing a Master's program with emphasis on some kind of science (such as Bio).. and very important .. focus on your MCAT! You can prove to the medical schools that you have what it takes to get in! Study hard, don't take the MCAT for granted! it's not easy.. but definitely worth it! :) Also focus on your personal statement, you can definitely explain your poor grades there if you experienced some kind of hardship.

Reactions: Kobethegoat24

Goro

7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status
Non-Student
Hello,

Thank you for you time..
First, attend to your mental health. Medical school is a furnace, and I've seen it break even healthy students. The #1 reason my school loses students to withdrawal, dismissal or LOA is to unresolved mental health issues.
Read this: