very quiet week

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sdnstud

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had the impression that the first full week of December is when the interview invitations pour in. Well, now that we are at the end of the week, I can say that this is not true. I have zero interview invitation this week. Not to mention, the 2 rejection letters I received.

Another thing, I don't understand why I am not hearing from top/middle tier schools. I have 7 invitations so far, and all of the schools have averages around gpa=3.5, and mcat=28. Don't get me wrong, I am very thankful for the interview invitations I have so far and all 7 schools I have interviews at are excellent schools. But I really wish I could have a crack at a top 30 or 40 school. In fact, I am starting to think that my application is only on-par with the lower tier schools. I've heard from 3 schools that made the US news ranking, and all 3 were rejections.

Is it because top schools haven't touched the non-first rounders yet? Is it because I am an Aug MCATer so I am destined to end up at a school that has average gpa and mcat much lower than mine? :(

My stats: GPA=3.8, MCAT=33, 2 publications, coordinator of two research projects, EMT, shadowed Dr, hundreds of hours of community service.

School Rejected: Georgetown, Boston, Rochester.
School interviewed: NYMC, MC Ohio, Penn State, Albany, Rush, Drexel, UIC

Members don't see this ad.