Very Worried

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VerbalVibe

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
sGPA is a 2.95
cGPA is a 3.1
Mcat is a 33P

Should I bother applying?

I just graduated and I'm pretty sure I would ace any undergrad class that I got a C in. Does it look bad if i re-take them?

Members don't see this ad.

It doesn't look bad to retake a class.

For AMCAS, a retake is averaged in as if it were any other new class. For AACOMAS (the DO application service) only the most recent grade is used to calculate the application GPA, as long as the credit hours are the same or better (though the old grade still appears). AACOMAS policy would allow for you to raise your GPAs rapidly. Some DO programs will consider you as you are if you've demonstrated recent strength in science classes.

Alternatively, if you have a recent string of good grades in the sciences, you might apply to get into an SMP (Special Masters Program) since your cGPA is >3.0 and you have a good MCAT score. Completing such a program with a >3.5 GPA can override your poor undergrad performance and make it possible for you to get into an MD med school. See the Postbaccalaureate Programs Forum for more information on this.

thanks for the advice, I'll look into those forums