This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

notasciencemajor

2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Well, patients for vet hospitals are the animals, not humans. I would not consider it to be a clinical experience for med applications, but the customer service skills could still be leveraged as experience and such.

Reactions: 1 user
I searched but couldn't find any threads on this topic - does working in client services at a veterinary hospital count as clinical experience? The job description: "greeting, admitting and discharging patients from the hospital, accepting payment for services, answering incoming calls to the hospital, and assisting clients with directions and general policy information. This position facilitates communication between [the hospital], its clients and referring veterinarians."
Sure -- in your application to veterinary school. :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I searched but couldn't find any threads on this topic - does working in client services at a veterinary hospital count as clinical experience? The job description: "greeting, admitting and discharging patients from the hospital, accepting payment for services, answering incoming calls to the hospital, and assisting clients with directions and general policy information. This position facilitates communication between [the hospital], its clients and referring veterinarians."
Clinical experience? Are they human patients?

Nope. They are animal patients not human patients. Or are you applying to Vet school? If you are applying to vet school it would be fine. If you are applying to med school no it wouldn’t be clinical experience for med school. You could use it as an employment activity . You can’t use shadowing the vet as physician shadowing either. If you used this experience to rule out vet school then it would be okay to mention it in how you arrived at the med school decision.

Reactions: 2 users