Veterinary Books for Sale

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chemkiddvm

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Congratulations to all those who have accepted offers to join the Class of 2018, and best of luck to all those who are still waiting for good news!

I am graduating in a few weeks and selling some books that are required/very useful for first year studies:
  • Guide to Dissection of the Dog (Evans and Delahunta) is required for Gross Anatomy I--walks you through organ systems step-by-step. I have the most recent edition (7th), which is listed for $81 at KVESS (Kansas Veterinary Educational Supply Service, the local veterinary supply store run by students) and $73 on Amazon. Great condition (very clean, doesn't smell like formaldehyde :) ), asking $55.
  • Miller’s Anatomy of the Dog (Evans) is required for Gross Anatomy I--wonderfully detailed descriptions of canine anatomy. I have the 3rd edition, and the 4th edition is listed for $158 at KVESS and $139 on Amazon. Excellent condition, asking $110.
  • Saunders Comprehensive Veterinary Dictionary (Blood, Studdert, Gay) is strongly recommended for Gross Anatomy I--also great for looking up unfamiliar terms you hear in club meetings or hospital rounds. I have the 3rd edition, and the 4th edition is listed for $60 at KVESS and $44 on Amazon. Excellent condition, asking $30.
  • diFiore's Atlas of Histology (Eroschenko) is required for Microanatomy--excellent diagrams and drawings to help you understand histology. I have the 11th edition, and the 12th edition is listed for $86 at KVESS and $73 on Amazon. Excellent condition, asking $60.
I also have several books for sale that aren't specific for any certain class but great resources for the first year of vet school through the rest of your career!
  • Merck Veterinary Manual (Kahn and Line). I have the most recent edition (10th), which is listed for $47 on Amazon. Brand new condition (still in plastic wrap); only selling because I have two copies. Asking $35.
  • Small Animal Clinical Nutrition (Hand, Thatcher, Remillard, Roudebush, and Novotny). Listed through Amazon for $75. Brand new, still in plastic wrap, asking $50
  • Small Animal Clinical Nutrition Quick Consult (Hand, Zicker, and Novotny). Brand new, asking $1o.
For any of you who are already in Manhattan or the Kansas City area, the books are available for pick up over the next several weeks. Otherwise, I am happy to ship the books if buyer pays shipping.

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.