1. What do you find most helpful? Give us your feedback on the 2019 SDN Member Survey to help further the SDN mission (and win prizes!)
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Video: Secret History of the Credit Card

Discussion in 'Finance and Investment' started by Stroganoff, Feb 18, 2007.

1. Stroganoff

Stroganoff Never give up.
    Rocket Scientist 15+ Year Member

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-9048007397539880204

Pretty interesting video on the CC industry's roots in Sioux Falls, SD, and Wilmington, DE, and how it is getting away with increasing fees and interest rates and otherwise shafting and deceiving the consumer. Cool interviews too with both good and slimy people in charge. Use them wisely! Be a pay-in-full deadbeat and reap the rewards and convenience -- don't let yourself get shafted! (That's what student loans are for.)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Sol Rosenberg

Sol Rosenberg Long Live the New Flesh!
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    :thumbup: Yes, this was one of the best recent episodes of Frontline (I think it was from approx. 2 years ago.)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. etf

etf
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

i've always known that if i could only own one stock, it would be a bank stock. i think this video explains why. there really aren't many more profitable businesses.